Thread: air arms pro sport the rolls Royce of the sprinters

air arms pro sport the rolls Royce of the sprinters

I have the pleasure of ownership of a air arms pro sport in 177 the rolls Royce of the spring gun world in my opinion. I bought my pro sport 8 months ago second hand in a beautiful beech stock I had only ever had brake barrel air rifles before so I was a bit fiddle to start with getting into a routine of loading but it has got a cut out in the breach loading for dropped pellets and they easy drop through and once I spent some time with the gun I can load with out much problem. I thought I would treat it to a service kit so I rang air arms and a master service kit was just over 35 pounds bargain which contains every thing Gide's bearing's seals piston Weight .working on the gun is pretty simple after a few looks at a youtube video to get the idea all moving parts are on delrin bearing's piston and cylinder a well thought out set up no metal to metal contact as on many other springs. The cocking arm is neatly tucked away in the stock and fairly stiff you have to be positive with the arm at the end of the stroke to set the safety and also if you preload the spring with extra washers it can cause a problem with the safety setting . The gun is a little heavy but I think it's what a recoiling rifle needs as the recoil is very manageable.one of the things I did find with my rifle is if you cocked it and then cocked it again by mistake it would shoot poor group's for about twenty shoots.talking about grouping it shoots as good as it looks capable of one hole groups as with all springs you need to spend time with the gun to get the best from it but I don't find that a hardship.

I agree that the PS a beautiful rifle.

I bought a Pro Sport a couple of years ago which hadn't been looked after. After a good clean and polish of action and trigger sears, a decent spring from Wonky Donky and a short-stroke kit it was as good to shoot as it was to look at.
    I made the mistake of selling it last year to fund other things........ within days I had 'sellers remorse' Lucky for me a walnut PS appeared in the sales section in December and I spent some of the kids inheritance on a lovely rifle.

I found that gently filing, sanding and polishing the cocking lever it is much more comfortable to use (a strangely agricultural/unfinished part on an otherwise stunning piece of engineering)

Enjoy your Pro Sport
    Keen but clueless..

sherlock thats one good colection of tx200,s youve got. a mate of mine has a tx200sr in .22, totaly awsome to shoot.

JerryD is online now Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Love my ProSports........

A couple of beauties

Ready.......
    Jerry

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tryshooting View Post
    sherlock thats one good colection of tx200,s youve got. a mate of mine has a tx200sr in .22, totaly awsome to shoot.
    I promised my wife I would only need one air rifle (TX200 MK1) Then I bought a Pro Sport and the addiction began in earnest. I saw an SR at my local club and I was smitten, I was lucky enough to find one locally.... then another...then the SM100. I have emptied my piggy-bank and bought an NJR100 which arrives soon.

That really should be the last.

Unless I can find a Pro Elite
    Keen but clueless..

Promised myself a Prosport a few years ago, I bought a HW97 instead and still regret not buying the Prosport in the first place, are well I live in hope.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by swally View Post
    I bought a HW97 instead and still regret not buying the Prosport in the first place, are well I live in hope.
    Yes a very silly mistake to make.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in