Thread: Filling Adaptors

Filling Adaptors

I just thought I would share with other forum members. Best Fittings now do filling adaptors for Steyr, Walther, Hammerli and Rohm pistols which allow you to connect the adaptor to the air cylinder before connecting to the air bottle to charge it up and also allow you to bleed the the charging system before you disconnect from it. This takes the pressure off the threads on the charging adaptor and also the air cylinder for the pistol and means that if you charge it up to 200bar, that is what you get without the frantic turning of the cylinder to get it off the adapter before you lose all the air you just put in! Costs just £14.58 plus vat and post.

I bought one of the Rohm adapters about 18 months ago and found that the only difference between it and the standard one was that the central hole is drilled out slightly to 2mm. This allows the valve pin to pass inside the adapter rather than be pushed open and the valve is then opened by air pressure from the charging bottle in the normal fashion. I instantly modified my own adapter and the one at work with total success. If I can do it, so can you.....

Too late, I already bought it Oh well, now I have the original and updated versions when I sell it!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I bought one of the Rohm adapters about 18 months ago and found that the only difference between it and the standard one was that the central hole is drilled out slightly to 2mm. This allows the valve pin to pass inside the adapter rather than be pushed open and the valve is then opened by air pressure from the charging bottle in the normal fashion. I instantly modified my own adapter and the one at work with total success. If I can do it, so can you.....
    Brilliant advise Snapshot!
    I have the old type adapter which has the fill hole off centre.
    I have just drilled my adapter out and saved myself from buying another from Bestfittings as it now works a treat!
    I went with the original bore size of the adapter and took it out to 3mm.

Now when I crack the bleed valve on my dive bottle the valve on the coupled Rohm/Walther cylinder seals.
    Less wear and tear on the threads.

Happy Days

Another thank you from me, was just about to order one from Best Fittings. Drilled mine out 2.5 mm.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Martynt View Post
    Now when I crack the bleed valve on my dive bottle the valve on the coupled Rohm/Walther cylinder seals.
    Less wear and tear on the threads.

Happy Days
    Not just on the threads but that little green o-ring on the adapter too.