Thread: Alan Westlake Armscor M200 357 Nitro Spares

Alan Westlake Armscor M200 357 Nitro Spares

Alright,

Hope a 'for sale' type post is ok here, been a while since I've posted anything.

Basically I have broken my M200 (split barrel 'throat') and although Alan has new barrels due in, I'm offering up the pistol 'as is' fully boxed with press as you buy new, as spares or repairs. If anything the cylinder would be handy for someone who already has one.

Only damage is what is described above, plus the odd mark or two to the finish, from use.

£250

Not fussed if sells as I'll get her repaired otherwise, just been offered a nice underlever which is tempting me.

Cheers,

Diehard

Just a note to say to check with Alan first re:the cylinder being used in another Armscor.

When I spoke to him about this in the past, he said that each cylinder is unique to the particular pistol and shouldn't be used in another (he said that when he provides multiple cylinders they are all made bespoke to the end users pistol)

Having said that, what Alan says does seem to be a little... Fluid sometimes so I may be wrong but for safeties sake, worth checking.
    It's all forgotten now, but Rockers and Mods only started fighting as the Rockers were annoyed at having some of their comments removed

Cheers for the heads up mate I thought were universal, I'm in comms with him so I'll pop him an email

OK got a response from Alan along the lines of it may but may not...

Well it's up for the above price for Spares, if doesn't go I'll have her fixed.

What would one need on one's fac to buy the 'spares'?
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I suspect the FLU would req a variation as a whole unit not as spares......otherwise it could get v complicated.....

It is still classed as a firearm working or not so you'd need the 357 Muzzle Loading Revolver slot.

I have a .36 with a spare cylinder and have to have a slot for both.

Aye, but it's illegal to sell/offer for sale an out of proof firearm??
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Aye, but it's illegal to sell/offer for sale an out of proof firearm??
    I won't say I'm a expert re: the legislation but me saying it's broken and hence I wouldn't recommend firing it should be a decent defence? I've got a 44 I bought from a dealer knackered a couple of years back to repair with no quarms? Could be wrong but least nothing under false pretences.

Constituent Parts

What would one need on one's fac to buy the 'spares'?
    The law refers to them as "Constituent Parts" if its a pressure part (Barrel, cylinder) or a serial numbered part (frame) then you are in possession of a firearm.
    All the other bits you can have without a licence...but that's really just a pair of rubber grips, a couple of metal catches a small bag of screws and springs

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    I won't say I'm a expert re: the legislation but me saying it's broken and hence I wouldn't recommend firing it should be a decent defence? I've got a 44 I bought from a dealer knackered a couple of years back to repair with no quarms? Could be wrong but least nothing under false pretences.
    Doesn't look like it.....

The Proof Acts lay down that no small arm may be sold, exchanged or exported, exposed or kept for sale or exchange or pawned unless and until it has been fully proved and duly marked. The Maximum penalty is £5000 for each offence, but with provision for higher penalties where, for instance, the sale of a number of guns constitutes one offence. Alteration to or the forging of proof marks is a more serious offence.

Arms previously proved and bearing apparently valid proof marks are deemed unproved if the barrels have been enlarged in the bore beyond certain defined limits or if the barrel or action has been materially weakend in other respects.

The offence in dealing in unproved arms is committed by the seller, not by an unwitting purchaser.

Doesn't look like it.....

The Proof Acts lay down that no small arm may be sold, exchanged or exported, exposed or kept for sale or exchange or pawned unless and until it has been fully proved and duly marked. The Maximum penalty is £5000 for each offence, but with provision for higher penalties where, for instance, the sale of a number of guns constitutes one offence. Alteration to or the forging of proof marks is a more serious offence.

Arms previously proved and bearing apparently valid proof marks are deemed unproved if the barrels have been enlarged in the bore beyond certain defined limits or if the barrel or action has been materially weakend in other respects.

The offence in dealing in unproved arms is committed by the seller, not by an unwitting purchaser.
    Ah well then there you go, no longer available for sale, unless you just want the cylinder... For the same price... And I'll throw in the other bits for free