Thread: Location of Serial Number

Location of Serial Number

Hi I have a Weihraugh HW 35. I will be registering it in Scotland But I have looked all over it and Can't find location of the serial Number. There is no sign of tampering, filing or grinding where I would expect to find it so I am sure it has not been removed.
    I expected to find it on the side of the action above the trigger as some have it there but no.Can any one give me insight to where it should be. Is it possible that they produced any without a unique identifier on it, I seriously doubt this but have to ask.

It took me a while to find the one on my Webly Hawk Mk 1. Do you read them with gun held barrel up. Mine can be read as 9680 or 0896.

they are normally on the barrel. so if its had a replacement barrel it may not have a serial number.

It is a while since I've owned a HW35 but Weihrauch changed the location of its serial number from barrel to action a while ago. Barrels sourced from Germany have a serial number on the bottom edge of the breech block. This means you can find HW rifles with either 1 or 2 serial numbers or none at all. If you can't find one don't worry!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I didn't think you had to register individual guns, just apply for an airgun licence.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

My hw35 had serial no on the barrel (2008/9 rifle)

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I didn't think you had to register individual guns, just apply for an airgun licence.

John
    I'm pretty sure the person is licensed not the airguns.

Depends on the age,if very early it may be under the breach block,if its not showing on the trigger block have a look below the stock line which will mean removing the stock.
    Late seventies have it under the barrel in front of the breach block.

If its a newer version then try the left hand side breach jaws on the cylinder.
    Last edited by landymick; 13-12-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Bighit is correct. It is you that will require a licence, rather than the HW35.
    18 days to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Bighit is correct. It is you that will require a licence, rather than the HW35.
    18 days to go.
    cheers Drew.I was not sure how it worked. as I have a firearms license I'm covered unless I want to but a rifle via a shop after the 31st and before my renewal in august.

Aye, you're fine with your FAC. I have no FAC so need my certificate through by the 31st. Although, since I applied before 31st Oct, I'm OK to possess my guns beyond 1st January as long as I have them in safe storage and do not actually use them.
    The licencing team are obviously smothered with wark.

luckily its not the firearms office thats doing the licenses. if it was it would be a nightmare. hope you get yours through soon.
    paul

Location Serial Num

Thanks folks I never thought to check the Barrel for a serial Number. I assumed the airguns would be listed on the certificate just like on a shotgun certificate. Interested to hear I got that wrong on this though it is good to know the serial numbers for myself.
    Getting my shotgun certificate back at same time as my airgun cert so that probably my confusion.
    Your information is most helpful and I cant thank you all enough.