Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best spring rifle for ratting?

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    And you tried to tell me the 99s was best ! you were just trying to fool me into getting killed in the Roland Apocalypse ya Bugger. And, my Debbie don't "sag", we've both grown gracefully together I accept yor edit that all Boingermen make it but that wouldn't make the best film ! and I've got a 4 man/woman tent so Debbie, Megan and Sandra Bullock will reside safely with me in the comfort that my HW100KT PCP will keep them safe from harm from The Mutant Roland's . I could take 14 of 'em out before you even lube your first pellet
    Aha, just wait until the rats chew through your charging hose!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Aha, just wait until the rats chew through your charging hose!
    I'll be fine Tone, I hear Debbie Harry could suck a golf ball through a hose pipe
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated! I would like to have an epic tale of how I battled the monster rat but I have have waited for him twice now and it has been a no show. My neighbour has even been on a watch for him - he has an old FWB....not sure what model and he too has not seen him.

I swear he is a RAT SAS member....chocolate spread always gone but we now never see him. All I think I have achieved is bulk him up with free chocolate!

By the way if we were to make a film of this I would have to have Tom Cruise or the Rock to play my role....

That's your trouble,,,,,,,,,,,they don't eat chocolate in January.

Try some peanut butter on a white plastic bucket lid, they have they have to stop to eat it rather than snatch and run.

Load up anything that can shoot Bisley Mags and remember the pliers.

Thanks for this....I had no idea that their diet changes! The lid is an excellent idea as well (god I feel thick now that is such a good tip it should have been obvious!).

What are the pliers for? Is it to move the body? I am like a dog chasing a car wheel here...no idea what to do with a dead rat....

Do what ever you want with a dead rat, but firstly pick it up with pliers.

If you are stuck with what to do with it, I would not suggest freezing it and waiting until an annoying neighbour is on summer holidays then posting it through their letter box.
    There are other items more suitable to freeze that these.

Chiefy

haha Clan you speak like a Chap who has had an annoying neighbour!

Glad to hear that you didn't get "ratted" mate.

Hope the new baiting regime is more successful and we eagerly await news of your success.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Stick with it - you'll get him eventually...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Carl V Roland !
    More installments to come !
    “An airgun or two”………

Thanks for the encouragement Chaps, so far this rodent seems to be getting the upper hand....what is their life span....if I outlive him I am claiming victory

Quote Originally Posted by Carlleyland View Post
    ..what is their life span....
    Micro seconds once you've launched a Hobby at his brainbox!

RWS Hobby 1, Rattus McFarty 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlleyland View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement Chaps, so far this rodent seems to be getting the upper hand....what is their life span....if I outlive him I am claiming victory
    Good Lord! How long has this been going on? Forget this shooting nonsense and bung a couple of slabs of "Ratimor" in the composter (obviously making sure that birds and other beasts cannot get access to it - before someone else jumps in to point out the blindingly-obvious). The rat(s) will cart it off back to their "lair" and in a short space of time drift into gentle and permanent slumber, with no corpses left out in the open. Quick and easy. I reckon there's a few pest controllers on here who could supply said material?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Aw Mike, dont spoil it, we're all enjoying this and cant wait for the next "spell-binding" episode !

Better than Game of Thrones !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    Do what ever you want with a dead rat, but firstly pick it up with pliers.

If you are stuck with what to do with it, I would not suggest freezing it and waiting until an annoying neighbour is on summer holidays then posting it through their letter box.
    There are other items more suitable to freeze that these.

Chiefy
    If your going to pick it up with pliers make sure the pliers have very long handles
    I've had two occasions in the last few years of ratting where the rat has been motionless on the floor for hours shot cleanly through the head then when I collect the carcasses at the end of the night I've jumped out of my skin as when picking it up with its final breath turned and bit the litter picker I use
    So keep your hands well away from any 'dead' rat.