Thread: What air rifle do you recommend for target shooting?

What air rifle do you recommend for target shooting?

What air rifle do you recommend for target shooting ?

What sort of target shooting and how much do you want to spend?

Charles

Pardini GPR1 pro for 10 metres and FWB300s for 6 yard bell target or either for both, although the 300s is very dated it is very sturdy and reliable and much cheaper than the Pardini.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadhill1 View Post
    What sort of target shooting and how much do you want to spend?

Charles
    Being new to the forum - asking the right question will give you the best answer

This is like saying what is the best car, or the most attractive woman, or the best colour - it's so subjective without more to go on.

Thanks

James

Diana/original 75 is a really nice rifle to start with or a Feinwerkbau 600 series if you prefer an SSP. Costs are not too bad either.

"This is like saying what is the best car, or the most attractive woman, or the best colour"

Well they are simple!

Car= TVR Griffith 4.3BV
    Woman= Nigella Lawson https://youtu.be/RtS2Ikk7A9I
    Colour= Orange
    Two are set in stone. .. one depends if I'm hungry ��

REF. The original question, assuming you're no shark, whatever you have to hand is probably better than you at the beginning.
    Use it until you stop getting better scores or you have picked up the knowledge /direction you wish to go in at a local club☺
    Last edited by Headshotmike!; 26-01-2016 at 02:33 AM. Reason: removing fluff..

Get a Feinwerkbau P700. Best target air rifle ever.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Do not buy any thing, yet, and certainly not from guidance on a forum, people will tell you what is their preferance or what they have, and they may even have less experience than you!
    Don't buy yet! Join a good club (NSRA club finder can help or ask on here), get coaching, learn, use club rifles to start, try as many rifles as you can from other members, and you will find that some suit some people and others don't regardless of quality, they are not all the same, feel, ballance, etc, you will build a preferance then buy the best you can afford.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Target rifle

I would agree with Colin on this, I have two target rifles, and they are as different as chalk and cheese! one is an Air Arms S200, nice and light, easy to the shoulder, I use this standing unsupported and its good for me. I also have a Hammerli AR20, its heavier than the S200 and I use it for benchrest shooting. Its like Colin says, so many different guns and so many different shooters, try a lot of guns before you buy.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Do not buy any thing, yet, and certainly not from guidance on a forum, people will tell you what is their preferance or what they have, and they may even have less experience than you!
    Don't buy yet! Join a good club (NSRA club finder can help or ask on here), get coaching, learn, use club rifles to start, try as many rifles as you can from other members, and you will find that some suit some people and others don't regardless of quality, they are not all the same, feel, ballance, etc, you will build a preferance then buy the best you can afford.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Wise Words !
    “An airgun or two”………

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

Buy a HW100, with it's low shot count and heavy weight and ugly looks (according to some), it'll make you a man in no time!
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

badger5148

Air Arms S200 light weight and smooth and accurate

As above not owned one but used them cz200 great guns on target single shot gt to be best bucks for quality gun coming from a bullpup fanatic