Thread: Hello

Hello

HI all, figured I would introduce myself as I am already asking questions on here.

I used to shoot in the early 90's as a gun club in Cottingham nr Hull when I was 11 or so.
    Found the old rifle in my mums loft last year and my 10year old lad fancied a go. That rifle was junk so went out and got the cheapest rifle i could get near me, this was a Hatsan 900x in .22.
    Bloody good rifle for the money, then got my lad a Gamo Junior hunter .177, this was ok but you get what you pay for.

So after a month of shooting at the local club I decided a HW97K (dont tell the wife).177 had to be mine, one month later I got the boy a HW30S .177, this is a very nice rifle. Light, accurate and easy to shoot, perfect for a 10 year old.

Here they are in all the glory.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps565pnhun.jpg

Just trying to sort out my MTC Viper as this has decided to go to pot so have put my cheapy SMK back on it.

Hello fellow BBS joiner, it looks like we won't be getting many other hello's back from established members so I thought I'd chip in.
    Hopefully in future the forum will be more welcoming.

Excellent, welcome to the forum. Nice to hear you've got the next generation interested early on.
    All the best, ash

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby Nobbs View Post
    one month later I got the boy a HW30S .177, this is a very nice rifle. Light, accurate and easy to shoot, perfect for a 10 year old.
    Hi Nobby.

Perfect for a 50-something year old too...

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by woodist View Post
    Hello fellow BBS joiner, it looks like we won't be getting many other hello's back from established members so I thought I'd chip in.
    Hopefully in future the forum will be more welcoming.
    Hi Mike and Woodist

When I joined last year, I waited a fair while for a reply to my Introductory thread The thing is, this section isn't anywhere as well visited as the General Airgun and other sections on the BBS. Trust me, this Forum is rammed with very welcoming, knowledgable and helpful people so please do bear with us. I guarantee if you start a conversation in General Airgun, Non Airgun or most any of the other sections, you will 'get going' very quickly.

A very warm welcome

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Hi Nobby.

Perfect for a 50-something year old too...
    Too right it is. Sometimes I prefer it to my 97k, everything just feels right with it, well worth the money and with the Simmons 8 point 1.5-5 scope recommended by you on it, it's a very sweet rifle indeed.

All I need now is for someone to tell me where the blooming grub screws are that home mtc viper turrets on and I'm a happy bloke.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby Nobbs View Post
    Too right it is. Sometimes I prefer it to my 97k, everything just feels right with it, well worth the money and with the Simmons 8 point 1.5-5 scope recommended by you on it, it's a very sweet rifle indeed.

All I need now is for someone to tell me where the blooming grub screws are that home mtc viper turrets on and I'm a happy bloke.
    ..... shoulda stuck with the Burleigh & Stronginthearm double action.......

MTC Viper turrets are resettable: slacken off the knurled ring at the top of the numbered collar by turning anti clockwise while the turret is in the down/locked position, turn the numbered collar to zero, and relock knurled ring by turning clockwise. No grubscrews required.

Jerry

There you go a helpful answer mate.
    As said, some of us who have been here a while tend to just browse the sections we are interested in and that''s it.
    SO HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BBS
    You Newbs