Thread: Original model 10/6m barrel sleave wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    ....there must be one out there somewhere....
    Hope you find one. I have seen the split on the shroud of the 6M; it's the one thing that has put me off the 6M and 10M. Guessing there are quite a few pistols with split shrouds and very few spare ones around.

How do you reckon they get damaged, the sight can not touch the plastic can it? Is it all down to weakness due to the holes for barrel weights?

Yep, reckon so, all the early ones without the barrel weight holes I've seen have been ok, not sure why anyone would think the 10 needed any more weight, other than the shroud the pistol is lovely and shoots spot on so I'll just use it, if one turns up then all the better, another option would be to machine one from a plastic block, lot of work but possible, may even be possible to 3D print one but again a lot of work involved and the issue of I'd have to buy a 3D printer which would make it a very expensive barrel shroud

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Hope you find one. I have seen the split on the shroud of the 6M; it's the one thing that has put me off the 6M and 10M. Guessing there are quite a few pistols with split shrouds and very few spare ones around.

How do you reckon they get damaged, the sight can not touch the plastic can it? Is it all down to weakness due to the holes for barrel weights?
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more