Thread: Sorted Out The Point Of Impact/Aim On My Umarex/KWC 1911

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HI baz thank you mate..
    Those sights cost more then the pistol I think so I won't get one unfortunately, as they look amazing and would do a great job.. But thank you for the info..
    ATB, marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

HI guys just a little update then. Took the 1911 to gin club Tuesday and put a few more rounds through it, once I finished shooting I looked down the muzzle and noticed a bit of alloy tape sticking out, so that means the alloy tape has started to weardown, so only lasted just over 250 shots which I think is not good enough..

I will take the gun apart tonight to see how much the tape has worn-out and take some pictures, I will then try to perfect the mod more, personally I think the mod needs to last at least 500 rounds for it to be worth doing..

I'll update more later then..
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    HI guys just a little update then. Took the 1911 to gin club Tuesday and put a few more rounds through it, once I finished shooting I looked down the muzzle and noticed a bit of alloy tape sticking out, so that means the alloy tape has started to weardown, so only lasted just over 250 shots which I think is not good enough..

I will take the gun apart tonight to see how much the tape has worn-out and take some pictures, I will then try to perfect the mod more, personally I think the mod needs to last at least 500 rounds for it to be worth doing..

I'll update more later then..
    ATB Marc
    Thanks for the update Marc.Saved me a job there lol. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

HI Pete no probs mate, I'll post more as I do more I'm not giving up just yet.
    ATB Marc

Hi guys, another little update then..

lol well after me saying that i noticed damage/wear on the alloy tape, and was not happy with how long the mod lasted, well all i can say is dam my eyes must be good and i must also be very fussy lol.

Took the barrel out to have a look at the wear on the alloy tape and this is all i saw, can you see the tiny little mark/raised bit? well that was it thats all the wear i swear it looked like more then that, maybe it got press flat again as i removed it, who knows..

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCN1246.jpg

Well i thought as i can see that little lip, i might as well redo it slightly differently, so i took the tape of and put a fresh bit on but this time much shorter, so that when the inner barrel moves forwards inside the outta barrel the end of the tape does not exit the outta barrel but stays flush inside..

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCN1249.jpg

Still works the gun fires more center, i had a long shoot today upstairs (2 hours) as i was home alone, i did 5 co2 capsules in this so just over 200 shots, after i have done another 300 shots ill check to see if there is any wear or not, but i have a good feeling i might not see any. I will update the post again when i look..

Happy Shooting all..

ATB, Marc.. :gg:

Marc, got these Glock adjustable sights in Australia for 25 quid, think I should have bought another dozen. They give a brilliant sight picture on the CP88.

Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...pswnl9x7v9.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hi baz, they look amazing mate lol im a bit jealous for a few reasons, i want adjustable sights on my WE Glock 18c but i dont think they would be compatible as the sight gets screwed in from the underneath of the slide as the sight also hold the blowback unit in..

But these would also look good on my tan 1911 thats for sure, do the sights get fixed to the slide like the original cp88 sight with a hex screw through the center bolting it down?

ATB, Marc..