Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emley Moor

Emley Moor

To all campers at Emley Moor.

Anyone without authorisation from Trev Ryan seen walking or checking the course at Emley Moor will not shoot on Saturday, as the zero range is right down the bottom there’s no need to even go near the course or spectators line.
    And “the dog,kid or wife escaped and I had to get them, or i'm looking were i have to pay for the camping” won’t wash either

Pete
    Last edited by sparky; 02-08-2005 at 08:07 AM.

How about 'I was looking for Sparky's Mk3's ignition key' ?
    I'm telling you it moved!

I was wondering who actually sets the courses up at these events?

Young_Gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel
    I was wondering who actually sets the courses up at these events?
    Club members then the UKAHFT officials give it the once over to make sure its ok and complies with all the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Gun
    Club members then the UKAHFT officials give it the once over to make sure its ok and complies with all the rules.
    Cheers for that, Roy. Do these club members and HFT officials then take part in the actual shoot?

Young_Gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel
    Cheers for that, Roy. Do these club members and HFT officials then take part in the actual shoot?
    Most of the time yes.
    But helping set up a course can make you do worse because it can make you overconfident.

Roy

I was wondering about that. Might look to some as a unfair advantage.

Cheers for the info. I hope everyone has a good shoot over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Gun
    Most of the time yes.
    But helping set up a course can make you do worse because it can make you overconfident.
    I don't know if it's overconfidence that causes it, but I certainly find that I don't shoot as well on a course that I've set up. And I even know the exact range of the long ones and very short ones beforehand!

Not sure why I don't do better on my own courses - I suspect it's because I set up targets that I personally find difficult and then stupidly fall into my own trap!

Could be I'm just stupid mind you

I wouldn't say it's much of an advantage, and afterall HFT is more about having fun and less about getting the competitive edge over someone else.

The lads at Redfearns and Emley are true sportsman and as such wouldn't dream of giving themselves an unfair advantage. As I'm sure is the case at all the other events.

In 3 years of official UKAHFT shoots i don't think a course setter has ever won a comp they have designed or set up, so that should tell you something

Pete

wornspring Guest
    I havent found any advantage going round when I have assisted in the building of a course. Like Brian Samson I find I tend to make a muck of it
    To reassure Pavel and others I am not shooting the side shoots at Redfearns because I am setting them out You may curse me later

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Yeh, just look at Nev at Chester last year and the year before...etc...

Couldn't resist it Nev..
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    In 3 years of official UKAHFT shoots i don't think a course setter has ever won a comp they have designed or set up, so that should tell you something

Pete
    That tells me that you should NEVER offer to help set out a course, always let some other poor sap do it for you. Once you've shot the course, bugger off early and don't offer to help pack it away again afterwards either! (for the sake of consistency). Oh and if someone asks if you could help out by doing some marshalling I find the phrase 'Velly solly, no speaky inglish" comes in handy too

For that extra-special touch, complain about how boring / bad the course is in a very loud voice all the time you're shooting it - especially if one of the poor saps that set it out is within earshot ( they love it when that happens , they can't get enough of it )

You can purchase my book - "How to make friends and influence people at shooting events" from hardly any good bookshops.

For any would-be course builders out there.
    When setting up a HFT course it is advisable to clear any blue-bells beforehand and not during the round with your pellet!!!
    Eh, Brian?
    John
    Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!

It's taken months of therapy and several visits to a hypnotherapist to forget the bluebell incident - sending the bill to you now John

Got some bluebell defoliant on order now

You can purchase my book - "How to make friends and influence people at shooting events" from hardly any good bookshops. [/QUOTE]

Funny that i have a book coming out also, "“How the tell people to P155 off in 20 different ways”

Both should be best sellers

Pete