Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASG Dan Wesson 715?

ASG Dan Wesson 715?

Does anyone have a bb version yet and if so what are your findings?

I do.
    Cheaper than the pellet version.
    Same build quality and weight.
    Front loading shells.

I have not given it a full range test / chrono as yet.
    Seems to have good power and fairly BB gun accurate at 6 yards

Why choose BB instead of Pellet?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

The bb version of guns like this typically have higher fps and are more fun,( to me) peppering steel cans with.They are usually no more accurate in pellet form either,though the 715 may be an exception to this 'rule'..

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Why choose BB instead of Pellet?
    I didn't.
    Got both

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I didn't.
    Got both
    Which do you prefer?

Pellet is easier to load (no need to remove shells) and a great colour/finish.
    Pretty good at 20 yard tins which I didn't expect.

I haven't sorted the bb one yet but I suspect it won't be as good.
    £20 cheaper.
    Will let you know after weekend.
    Weather permitting!

Bb version at the range yesterday.
    Using Umarex BBs.
    No chrono but power seems good even on chilly day.

I only shot at cans 6 10 and 20 yards.
    Accuracy better than your average BB gun although double action needs to wear in.
    It pulls the gun offline as did the pellet versions but that is getting slicker.
    Noisy gun and makes good impact noise.
    Heavy!

But here (as the Americans say) is the thing.

I had a Peacemaker with me by accident ( as you do!) and it comprehensively outshot the 715.
    We are talking hitting nearly all cans at all ranges,knocking them off the table at 10m and BBs penetrating and whizzing round inside the can.
    Not so the 715.

Annoyingly the Peacemaker is quiet -which is a design fault in my view!

The 715 may be better in warmer weather but I have to say I now know why I have more than one Peacemaker.

The bb 715 is not as accurate as the pellet version and is better than the old DWs and my 4inch Colt Python ,but Umarex have done a fine job on the Peacemaker which is a hard act to follow.
    Last edited by gingernut; 31-01-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Interesting,thanks for the update!

If I get a 715 then it will be the pellet firing version, I think.It was a very useful comparison for me as the owner of three Colt SAA's to hear how the 715 stacks up against them in bb format.

Hopefully Umarex will bring the Colt out in the 7 1/2" cavalry barrel length,though the revolver will be even quieter then I would imagine,but as long as the valve is unchanged it should produce higher fps which would be great.

Fingers crossed!

ATB.

Bb version at the range yesterday.
    Using Umarex BBs.
    No chrono but power seems good even on chilly day.

I only shot at cans 6 10 and 20 yards.
    Accuracy better than your average BB gun although double action needs to wear in.
    It pulls the gun offline as did the pellet versions but that is getting slicker.
    Noisy gun and makes good impact noise.
    Heavy!

But here (as the Americans say) is the thing.

I had a Peacemaker with me by accident ( as you do!) and it comprehensively outshot the 715.
    We are talking hitting nearly all cans at all ranges,knocking them off the table at 10m and BBs penetrating and whizzing round inside the can.
    Not so the 715.

Annoyingly the Peacemaker is quiet -which is a design fault in my view!

The 715 may be better in warmer weather but I have to say I now know why I have more than one Peacemaker.

The bb 715 is not as accurate as the pellet version and is better than the old DWs and my 4inch Colt Python ,but Umarex have done a fine job on the Peacemaker which is a hard act to follow.
    Thanks for the insight, will be interesting to see how the Pellet versions of the two guns compare?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Stop trying to make me buy more pistols!

They have the pellet Webley in our local shop and they keep tempting me with it .
    But £200 is too much to spend on a comparison.

Strangely they wont lend me one.
    Last edited by gingernut; 31-01-2016 at 07:30 PM.

DW715 pellet vs bb

Feb's Air Gunner had a test of them back to back. At 6', the pellet version was doing 1" groups, the bb 1 3/4". Been thinking about buying the pellet version since they came out. I really like revolvers, have a DW 8" & the Crosman 357-6, & have been awaiting the pellet Webley...Think it was promised for last Xmas, but haven't seen it yet.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Stop trying to make me buy more pistols!

They have the pellet Webley in our local shop and they keep tempting me with it .
    But £200 is too much to spend on a comparison.

Strangely they wont lend me one.
    £200! Why? How much is the BB version in the UK? Here in Canada the Webley is about £140 compared to the Peacemaker BB is about £85, Pellet £100
    I don't see the availability of the MKVI here Yet.

Interesting reading Gingernut - I was thinking about a 715 but decided on the Peacemaker, which I now have in blue! What a gorgeous pistol it is - I love it!
    Thanks to you all on this and the other thread in the pistol section for helping me make my mind up!

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    £200! Why? How much is the BB version in the UK? Here in Canada the Webley is about £140 compared to the Peacemaker BB is about £85, Pellet £100
    I don't see the availability of the MKVI here Yet.
    Because everything is damn expensive in the UK!