Thread: Walter LP300 Wanted

Walter LP300 Wanted

Looking for a Walther LP300, pref XT but would also consider club, may even go with a standard LP300 at the right price.

Cheers Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Looking for a Walther LP300, pref XT but would also consider club, may even go with a standard LP300 at the right price.

Cheers Nige
    Hi Nige,

Sorry I read your message incorrectly at first ( its was early - at least for me!) and yes I do have an LP300 pistol that I could let you have.

I have two LP300 pistols - both in excellent condition in Walther cases - one I am keeping as I bought it from a friend locally and do not want to part with but the other one looks every bit as good and shoots as well too.

The pistols have the blue and white laminated grips. I have medium right hand and medium left hand grips available.

Let me know by PM if you are interested and we can get something "sorted".

Bob.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-04-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

LP and LG

Bob and Nigel
    Asked for an LP, Luft Pistole, (unless you meant LG?) Bobs is an LG, Luft Gewehr, (rifle) still gorgous but quite difficult to shoot with one hand!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Bob and Nigel
    Asked for an LP, Luft Pistole, (unless you meant LG?) Bobs is an LG, Luft Gewehr, (rifle) still gorgous but quite difficult to shoot with one hand!
    That's what I thought when i saw the post from Bob; He does have a pistol as far as I know though.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Yes definately the LP pistol, I'm OK with a pistol, I struggle with a rifle using both hands let alone one

Cheers
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Sorry to confuse everyone - I have corrected my reply to Nige above.

The LP300 that I bought from Mike is still going well and although I don't shoot much pistol anymore it is still my "go to" pistol when I do have a bit of a "pistol bash" as I really feel comfortable with it and have no plans to part with it.

However, - in one of my "exchanges" I gained another LP300 in very similar condition and I would be happy to part with this one if it is of any interest.

This one looks, feels and shoots the same as my other one so it should fit the bill perfectly.

Cheers Bob,

Could you email some pics, cylinder dates, grip size, price etc,

Thanks Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Cheers Bob,

Could you email some pics, cylinder dates, grip size, price etc,

Thanks Nige
    I have sent a series of pictures to you that I have just taken when I got home this evening.

The pistol is newer than my other LP300 (11233) and has the serial number is 14485 and the grip is a Medium right hand - but I also have a new Medium left hand grip as well that I have never fitted or used.

The 3 bar cylinder is out of date stamped 2002 and is probably the year of manufacture - a year newer than my other LP300 that has a 2001 dated cylinder. I use them both and have no leaks.

I only ever fill my cylinders to 2 bar and I am always amazed at just how thrifty the pistol is when compared to the air guzzling Steyr pistols and yet it must be a very efficient pistol as it still generates plenty of power to make a nice clean hole. Maybe it will go on forever if filled to 3 bar

New cylinders are available - I treated my old LP300 to a genuine new cylinder from Buinger last year and Silco Sports had some new (but out of date) short LP300 cylinders to clear last year at just £40 each. These have no manometers fitted but work well and give a surprisingly high number of shots per fill as well as a different balance for the pistol to play with.

As a matter of interest I bought two of these short cylinders (big spender) and they came to me in the post fully charged to over 3 bar !!!
    Last edited by zooma; 21-04-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Bob and Nigel
    Reading your superb new book has not helped me to identify a Walther LP300 from an LG300

Maybe you should add another chapter to help those of us that are not very observant to be able to identify them ?

Something like those silloette pictures given to the defence forces during WW2 that helped them to identify enemy aircraft would be ideal - the longer one being the rifles (I guess?)
    Last edited by zooma; 20-04-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Reading your superb new book has not helped me to identify a Walther LP300 from an LG300

Maybe you should add another chapter to help those of us that are not very observant to be able to identify them ?

Something like those silloette pictures given to the defence forces during WW2 that helped them to identify enemy aircraft would be ideal - the longer one being the rifles (I guess?)

We got there in the end and very pleased I am too Thanks all
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

I bought one of those short cylinders for my LP300 as it was too heavy for me with the standard 300bar cylinder fitted. Lovely pistol nice to shoot. I just got a LP400 carbon and I am considering making it my main target pistol.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

The weight suits me, I shot one and really liked it hence my search, I also have an LP2 but had to make a weight bar and weights to get a balance I could get on with, the LP300 just felt easier when I shot it, did try the 400 but was too light, I also really like the Walther sights, I find 4.5mm to narrow and 5mm too wide, the Walther with 4.8 is spot on, how so little make's a difference I have no idea but it just works, I get a really nice crisp sight picture on the Walther and a very steady hold,

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I bought one of those short cylinders for my LP300 as it was too heavy for me with the standard 300bar cylinder fitted. Lovely pistol nice to shoot. I just got a LP400 carbon and I am considering making it my main target pistol.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,