Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 meter Air Rifles at Rossendale Model Target Club - Thursday Nights!

10 meter Air Rifles at Rossendale Model Target Club - Thursday Nights!

A small group of us (very small) are just starting to shoot 10 meter air rifle at the Rossendale Model Target Club on a regular basis every Thursday night.

If you live in the area and would like to come along and join us please let me have a PM so I can answer any questions or give directions and details about the club.

We are far from proficient just yet and mainly shoot classic match rifles but a couple of PCP match rifles have also wormed their way in recently and we do want to improve our 10 meter match rifle skills over the coming months.

Unfortunately we have no experienced 10 meter rifle shooters that are club members just yet to learn from, so we are "self taught" and helping each other to improve as we go along.

If anyone else fits into this category and would like to join this small group of "self improvers" now would be a good time to join us as another 2 or 3 would make a better size group and help to pay the rent!
    Last edited by zooma; 27-01-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Were and When.

We shoot from 7pm to 10 pm in a cellar under the Longholme Methodist Church hall in Rawtenstall BB4 6QS.

We are easy to find opposite the giant ASDA store and behind Rossendale Models shop and the last Temperance Bar in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We shoot from 7pm to 10 pm in a cellar under the Longholme Methodist Church hall in Rawtenstall BB4 6QS.

We are easy to find opposite the giant ASDA store and behind Rossendale Models shop and the last Temperance Bar in the UK

mmmm..... cellar under a church huh? Have you lot crept into the crypt ...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Well done Bob,

Yet again you are working to develop our sport, its a bit too far for us to come to do some coaching, but perhaps in the future your group, and maybe others on here in the same situation may be interested in a day out in sunny Norwich at our picturesque range by the river in the city centre, and we would be very happy to plan and put on a day foundation course in 10 mt rifle at our well equiped range?

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    mmmm..... cellar under a church huh? Have you lot crept into the crypt ...
    Its funny you should mention that as we have quite a few "sleeping" members and not enough that turn up and shoot "live" and pay a range fee every week

Hence the reason for the advert - to try and gain a couple of new "live" members to come and shoot 10 meter rifle with us on a Thursday night !

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Well done Bob,

Yet again you are working to develop our sport, its a bit too far for us to come to do some coaching, but perhaps in the future your group, and maybe others on here in the same situation may be interested in a day out in sunny Norwich at our picturesque range by the river in the city centre, and we would be very happy to plan and put on a day foundation course in 10 mt rifle at our well equiped range?

Good shooting
    Robin
    Thanks for your very kind offer Robin!

It would be really nice to get some proper coaching, even just for the basic ( but very important) things such as establishing the correct stance!

Visiting your well equipped and picturesque range in sunny Norwich is very temping and something to look forward to, but it is a long way away and will need some planning - perhaps when the weather improves a little.

You are of course welcome to visit our poorly equipped and small damp cellar range in a windswept and rainswept Lancashire Valley if you are ever travelling up this way for any reason in the future - yes it does sound irresistible I agree - and due to the anticipated rush of visitors wanting to immerse themselves in this unique experience we may have to establish a booking system to avoid over-crowding

I look forward to meeting up with you some time during 2016 so we can discuss the important things in life such as learning how to shoot an air rifle better at 10 metres and discussing the various merits of different local real ales

Meanwhile we would love to see some more new members come along and take up 10 meter rifle shooting with us here in Rossendale on Thursday nights - we are not wanting to become over-crowded or to grow into a much bigger club but we would like to gain another new like-minded member (or two!) who would enjoy the social chat as much as the 10 meter rifle shooting!
    Last edited by zooma; 29-01-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Bob
    Having popped into your club to see you last summer to have a look at your setup and meet some of your members and shoot a wide variety of different pistols (did not shoot the bicycle gun though but very interesting), I must say I was most impressed. Anyone within driving distance and that shoots 10m should seriously shoot there for all of the reasons you have mentioned. It is a great shame I live over 200 miles away!
    Not sure you could call it a crypt but it does sound rather better than a basement.

George

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to RMTC last summer George and hope you will call by again sometime

We don't have anyone here at our club that can play the piano and sing like your daughter did - shame really - if we could offer some musical entertainment like that every week we may be able to generate some more interest

Now you have reminded me of your visit I should let any potential members know that we do have some good facilities here including a fully fitted industrial style kitchen that we can make use of at any time ( as long as we leave it as clean and tidy as we find it), two lounge rooms as well as the main large hall (with stage) and of course separate gents and ladies toilets.

. * .* .and a piano!!

If I wasn't already a member I would be tempted to join!

Today is Thursday - and Thursday night is Rifle Night at RMTC - so if anyone would like to come along to the club tonight please bring your 10 meter match rifle with you and join in the fun!

We are still looking for new members to come along on a Thursday evening to shoot 10 meter air rifles with us

Would be their like a shot Bob but is a bit far for an evenings shooting (600 + mile round trip), I would suggest anyone wanting to take up this sport to get their if you can as Bob is on a mission to revitalise precision air shooting and is trying every which way possible to achieve this. He really needs more people to play with and have friendly competitions with.

Best cheers and good luck

Geo

Thanks George!

600 miles is a bit of a stretch for you to make it every week! but there must be some people who live a little closer who may like to join us - we just need to let them know where we are!

We had some good pistol shooting for a change tonight and I quite enjoyed it but the rifle shooting is a real challenge and hopefully we will get a little better at it.....sometime !
    Last edited by zooma; 10-02-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

We don't have anyone here at our club that can play the piano and sing like your daughter did

I could always bring my banjo and play the Rawtenstall anthem - Dueling Banjos.

I highly recommend this place. Their shooting may be naff but the banter is gold medal class.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I could always bring my banjo and play the Rawtenstall anthem - Dueling Banjos.

I highly recommend this place. Their shooting may be naff but the banter is gold medal class.
    Thanks for the flowers and we look forward to hearing your banjo playing to see if it can compete with the piano and vocal performance George brought with him from Dover

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Bob

I did suggest to my wife we did a trip to support you, she still has her first rifle ( Walther LGV junior) which she shot at the Narpa championships at Cosford in 1972, and her last (Walther LGR Junior) when she was shooting seriously at Internationals in the '80's, and her current new Walther LG400 special, and could shoot all for fun, only missing is her special Original 75, and we are still searching for that.

The idea of a 400 mile round trip did not go down well though! Perhaps with all the talent stepping forward, you could organise a rifle and music festival!

Just need to add in some beer and its starting to sound like my perfect week end!

Have fun,

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?