Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air rifle Pellet machine

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Jim, yours is a different size Wadkin to mine, If your magazine stack guides are circular, it dispensed small round cardboard packets larger, but in the style of those little containers gun roll caps used to come in years ago, I have seen these mentioned in the past. Have a look at page 21 here;

http://www.belltarget.com/resources/...rget_Story.pdf

It was a way of getting club funds in and several companies made machines, I will have a look in my complete airgunner book as I think there are adverts in there, but am sure Avery did machines as well in different sizes.

Mine is smaller and has small oblong tins in, will get some pics up this weekend, but the internals are totally different to yours I am afraid so I can't offer help on what yours may be missing

Hi Mickey........It was a Malvern item

ATB, Ed
    Hi Ed, l knew one of them would turn up at Malvern at some point, glad you are back with us, and hope all is well with you now, l couldn't reply to you earlier has l have only just got back on here since mid December.

Ed thanks for posting that Spittle book link. I've just had another read of it for the umpteenth time - and what a fantastic read it is. FS was a wonderful writer, evoking the smoke- and perspiration-filled atmosphere of a Black country pub shoot spectacularly well.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Hi Jim

We met many years when I bought a Morini from you.. Might I suggest you join the Penny Machines Forum.

Your machine looks nearly identical outwardly to the phonograph dispensing machine on their website: see here about 2/3rds of the way down: http://pennymachines.co.uk/Museum/Venders-1.shtml

I would think this might be your best source of help...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Hi Jim

We met many years when I bought a Morini from you.. Might I suggest you join the Penny Machines Forum.

Your machine looks nearly identical outwardly to the phonograph dispensing machine on their website: see here about 2/3rds of the way down: http://pennymachines.co.uk/Museum/Venders-1.shtml

I would think this might be your best source of help...
    Here's a pic of the Watkins phonograph needle dispensing machine. (Well spotted, Harvey!) And a cigarette one here.
    Last edited by Garvin; 04-02-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Pellet machine

Thanks Gents very interesting the needle machine is identical.

jim

Pellet Machine

Hi All
    For those of you that may be interested, with the help of members on this site and the forum below I have got the pellet machine working Just a little cosmetic repairs left, further information available here.

http://pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/vie...8ef394a7703a78

Any of you pellet tin collectors come across small round packets that could have been used in this machines,
    probably made of cardboard about an inch in diameter and hold about 5 or 6 pellets? would be pleased to here form you.
    Well get some better photos done when finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi All
    For those of you that may be interested, with the help of members on this site and the forum below I have got the pellet machine working Just a little cosmetic repairs left, further information available here.

http://pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/vie...8ef394a7703a78

Any of you pellet tin collectors come across small round packets that could have been used in this machines,
    probably made of cardboard about an inch in diameter and hold about 5 or 6 pellets? would be pleased to here form you.
    Well get some better photos done when finished.
    Great result, Jim. What a fantastic site that pennymachines.co.uk is, particularly in providing the patent drawings.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Pellet Machine

Hi Folks

sorry to be a pain, it is the continuing saga of the pellet machine, I now think I have found what the pellets were dispensed in, so if any of you pellet tin collectors have come across anything like this I would be pleased to know, I would think the tin would be about an inch in diameter,
    http://www..com.au/itm/Antique-tiger...wAAOSwPc9Wu~jd

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Link not working... But if you insert the well known auction site name in between the 2 dots after 'www' it does.

Funnily enough I have a bottle of Dr. Kilmers Swamp Root kidney, liver & bladder cure which got dug up during some building works in our yard ...no tins of ointment though.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 12-02-2016 at 09:43 AM.

You need to search for item no. 262285546250 on the auction site.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Jim I'm not sure they held tins but rather boxes instead. I just noticed an advert for them in a c.1909 BSA brochure here and it clearly says "pellet boxes".
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Pellet Machine

Try again

Last edited by Jimlad; 11-02-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Hi All,

There were numerous varieties of these dispensers, which were made and distributed by several makers, primarily of weighing machines. Card boxes were used, as were small tin boxes, which were similar to the card toy cap boxes we all remember from our youth. Here are a couple of examples. They'll take 11 pellets comfortably, so they were not very big.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uozt59kb7...35.16.jpg?dl=0

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who has read this thread and wondered at your amazing good fortune in finding this wonderful relic, is keeping their eyes open. Looking for anything that could be used.

I really hope someone finds a stack of cap boxes or similar, that get the old thing dispensing again.

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    You can pick up card cap boxes on that well known.