Has anyone tried these ?
    Good or bad ?
    Would be a hell of a lot cheaper for crows and rabbits rather than vmax

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_bri View Post
    http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...oducts_id=8470

Has anyone tried these ?
    Good or bad ?
    Would be a hell of a lot cheaper for crows and rabbits rather than vmax
    I have bought some and yet to try them as I collect my Hornet next week.
    The bullets appear to be those used in HMR ammo, i.e. 17gn Hornady Vmax with yellow Remington plastic tips.
    Reports are that they are not as accurate as as other retail types, but they were so cheap that I had to buy some to try. Have a look on the Facebook page '17 Hornet UK' for more info.

Useful?

I haven't used them on vermin as yet, so not sure about their expanding potential. Have shot them at 100yds and 200yds on target and they are not much less accurate than the heavier v-Max out of my Fireball.

Will definitely be buying more though, a steal at that price.

Regards

Mark
    Some air, some section 2 and a growing collection of section 1. Boy, this FAC stuff is addictive!

Quote Originally Posted by markyw View Post
    I haven't used them on vermin as yet, so not sure about their expanding potential. Have shot them at 100yds and 200yds on target and they are not much less accurate than the heavier v-Max out of my Fireball.

Will definitely be buying more though, a steal at that price.

Regards

Mark
    interested to know what load you are using in the fireball and encouraged they haven't disintegrated on their way down the barrell, may try some in my fireball but they would have to be going some to beat the 25 gn v max. what velocity are you reaching?
    Optomist

I tested them in my Hornet recently. Although my chrono crapped out at low loads due to fading light at 3500fps, Quickload reckoned I would have just reached 4000fps with the top loads.
    Accuracy wasn't great as the wind was 20mph plus but groups were all around an inch at 100 yards.
    I don't think these will be a decent longer range bullet due to the assumed low BC.

UPDATE:

Got around to testing in lighter winds today and the groups were tighter, but not as good as the Berger 20gn bullets also under test. The 17gn bullets really do get blown around very easily in even light winds.
    Last edited by Guesty; 11-02-2016 at 08:20 PM.