Thread: Shots on 10m target

Shots on 10m target

I understand 10m air rifle is shot over 60 shots for a max score of 600, but I'm not sure how many shots are fired per card? The standard 10m rifle target has five bulls so is one shot fired per bull over 12 cards to make the 60? Is it usual to fire several shots per bull to reduce the number of cards you need? I'm quite new to formal target shooting so still learning! many thanks

One shot per diagram,so twelve cards for a 60 shot course of fire.
    Don.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    10 mt air rifle, One shot per diagram, the full match course is unlimited sighters in 15 mins, 60 shots in 1hr 30 min on paper returning targets, or 1 hr 15 min on electronics for men, Ladies match is the same sighters and 40 shots in one hour on paper returning, or 50 mins on electronic.

At top level (British Championships, Internationals, etc) it is now scored in metric and tenths, i.e 9.0, 9.1, .......9.9,10.0, 10.1, 10.2 .......10.9, so the maximum score is now 654 for men, and 436 for ladies. Its the same targets just scored to a higher degree, it does require electronic targets or a lot of fiddly guaging with paper.

The greater majority in the UK, ie lower level, club, county, postals, etc are still scored in old fashioned 8, 9, and tens's, and although some clubs have electronic targets, most is done on paper, on returning targets.

Beginners at club level will generaly shoot two a diagram but you can do as many as you wish, best initialy to shoot 5 shot groups.

Better still, join a good 10 mt club, get coaching and learn, 10 mt is very technical and can initialy be very difficult for the unhelped beginner, a little good coaching can make big advances.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 30-01-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    10 mt air rifle,

Better still, join a good 10 mt club, get coaching and learn, 10 mt is very technical and can initialy be very difficult for the unhelped beginner, a little good coaching can make big advances.

Good shooting
    Robin
    If you are lucky enough to live anywhere near any good coaching it has to be a massive help!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If you are lucky enough to live anywhere near any good coaching it has to be a massive help!
    And until I met RobinC, I was bumbling along, frustratingly, at around 165-170 / 200 (for a 20 shot set of cards) and after some great coaching and advice from him, I win the 10 round league in Div 1 with scores of circa 190.

Thumbs up Thank you

Thanks guys, that's really helpful