Thread: "CompAir" - new FT & HFT online magazine for competition shooters

"CompAir" - new FT & HFT online magazine for competition shooters

Early March will see the publication of the first edition of "CompAir", an online digital magazine dedicated to FT and HFT competition shooting.

It will cover just about everything of interest to those of us who enjoy shooting competitively, from news and reports on the latest shoots, hints and tips on how to improve your scores and gain the extra few vital points that can make the difference between taking home some silverware or going home with an average score, reviews of the latest gear that is of interest to the competition shooter, previews of the major shoots in both the FT and HFT calendars (including a few gentle reminders to help ensure you get your entry in on time and don't miss out on all the action!), and most importantly YOUR views and comments about where your sport is today and where it is going tomorrow - no punches pulled, we'll be covering the good, the bad and if needs be, the downright ugly that makes up air rifle competition today.

In order to make CompAir of interest to as many of the FT and HFT community as possible we need to hear from those of you who fancy yourselves as reporters who would like to keep us posted on what's going on in your part of the country, including results and photos from your local clubs and shoots, news and rumours; everything in fact that you feel needs to be told. Being based down here on the South Coast, we're especially keen to hear from budding hacks in East Anglia, the Midlands, Wales, the North of England, and of course, Scotland.

If that sounds interesting to you, then we'd love to hear from you by PM.

ATB, Nick

Looking forward to having a read up when this comes out

I need all the help I can get

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

'Ang on...Average score, Bad, Ugly..... How does he know me??
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    'Ang on...Average score, Bad, Ugly..... How does he know me??

Think you're lined up to be the page three totty Mike.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

I was going to wish you good luck with this Nick, but knowing you as I do, you will make a great success of this! Especially as this will involve people that love their sport, even if we do have to forgive those poor FT shooter
    their miss-guided loyalty to sitting on their bums 😅😅

But on a more serious note, Good Luck and a great Idea!

ATB
    Mike
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Excellent idea - looking forward to it!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    Early March will see the publication of the first edition of "CompAir", an online digital magazine dedicated to FT and HFT competition shooting.

It will cover just about everything of interest to those of us who enjoy shooting competitively, from news and reports on the latest shoots, hints and tips on how to improve your scores and gain the extra few vital points that can make the difference between taking home some silverware or going home with an average score, reviews of the latest gear that is of interest to the competition shooter, previews of the major shoots in both the FT and HFT calendars (including a few gentle reminders to help ensure you get your entry in on time and don't miss out on all the action!), and most importantly YOUR views and comments about where your sport is today and where it is going tomorrow - no punches pulled, we'll be covering the good, the bad and if needs be, the downright ugly that makes up air rifle competition today.

In order to make CompAir of interest to as many of the FT and HFT community as possible we need to hear from those of you who fancy yourselves as reporters who would like to keep us posted on what's going on in your part of the country, including results and photos from your local clubs and shoots, news and rumours; everything in fact that you feel needs to be told. Being based down here on the South Coast, we're especially keen to hear from budding hacks in East Anglia, the Midlands, Wales, the North of England, and of course, Scotland.

If that sounds interesting to you, then we'd love to hear from you by PM.

ATB, Nick
    Why not copy this on Shooting The Breeze, where a lot of extremely keen FT/HFT folk hang out. They will be likely queuing up to give you their opinions

I'm putting CompAir together in conjunction with Rob Farnworth (the guy behind Shooting-the-Breeze), and so we thought it best that Rob take care of the announcement on STB - but many thanks for the thought!

In between numerous trips for counselling as a result of the PTSD I suffered following Mr Blackscale's Page 3 photo shoot the other day (to quote Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now - "Oh the horror! The absolute horror!"), I've been really chuffed with the response and interest that has been shown in the idea of a magazine dedicated to HFT and FT shooting, and a few of you have already come forward and offered to be regional reporters for their areas.

However, we still need to hear from folk in Scotland, the North of England (come on you lot from Rivi!), Wales and East Anglia (I never imagined that members of M.A.D. and Cambridge clubs were such shy, retiring types! )

We want to CompAir to cover HFT and FT shooting all over the UK, and to do this we need people on the ground in each part of the country who can feed in results and photos of their local shoots. If you would like to put together a report in the form of an article and send that through, then so much the better - but if you don't fancy that, just email over the results and some pictures and we'll do the rest

The first edition will be coming out in early March, and we look forward to your feedback and comments (good and bad!); it's a magazine about our sport and we want to hear from everyone so that we can deliver something that you enjoy and want to read.

Cracking idea. I shoot HFT & I mostly got to at furnace mill in Shropshire/Worcestershire border in the West Midlands.
    I will spread the word as this sounds like something that we have needed for some time now

What have i done now....

The page three bit perked my ears up for a minute though....I can quite categorically say i have not done any hairy biker photo shoots in the past 3 years, so not me i'm afraid!

Sounds like a great idea putting the target sports together like that, should be interesting!

Spongetastic XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Well done, Nick. Sounds like a great idea.

Very aware of your commitment to the sport, this should be a flyer )

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

First edition of CompAir out on March 18

Various buttons have now been pressed and levers pulled, and we are now able to confirm that the debut edition of Compare will roll off of the digital presses on Friday 18 March.

We are in the process of not only putting the magazine together, but also the website where you will be able to download it from - watch this space for more info on that over the next few weeks.

Whether you shoot FT or HFT, Rob and I are still very keen to hear from anyone who would like to send in results, photos, and/or reports for shoots in their area - we are both based down here on the South Coast and whilst we do put in a reasonable number of miles competing in our chosen discipline, we can only be in one place each weekend.

So, if you don't want your part of the world to go unsung, do the right thing and become a CompAir reporter!

Just drop me a PM and we can have a chat......