Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: difference between old and new 80,s?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Its cheating if the barrel touches the paper Phil.. You do know that right?!
    I'll have you know, that is an official 6 yard rifle target, shot at exactly 6 yards distance young Rhys.

I can't show you shot #4, because it hit the table lamp. Because of that I couldn't see, so shot #5 took out the lounge window.

Still a respectable group, in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I'll have you know, that is an official 6 yard rifle target, shot at exactly 6 yards distance young Rhys.

I can't show you shot #4, because it hit the table lamp. Because of that I couldn't see, so shot #5 took out the lounge window.

Still a respectable group, in my book.
    Mmmmmmmm...very good Phil very good... So then you post your targets off right? So if you miss the paper completely dya get a sneeky bonus go?
    And to be fair the barrel on an 80 is 6yrds long isn't it?! Certainly looks like compared to my evo & using the classic 'mans measure guess'
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Mmmmmmmm...very good Phil very good... So then you post your targets off right? So if you miss the paper completely dya get a sneeky bonus go?
    lol, no - if you were bad enough to miss the target completely at 6 yards on a match card, you'd own up to it.

So that'd be 10 points off.

And if it were an actual match card, you only fire 1 pellet per diagram.

And you're not allowed to use .22 cal.

And to be fair the barrel on an 80 is 6yrds long isn't it?! Certainly looks like compared to my evo & using the classic 'mans measure guess'
    Hah, I'd rather a long barrel than a 40lb trigger pull. Although to be fair, you were getting 'quite good' with that re-barreled Evo of yours, last time I saw you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    I was on the phone today ordering an 80, I had the choice of Hull Cartridge or cheaper(probably quicker) from Germany, .

So I went with the German option from my shop, they buy all their stuff there normally.
    Will let you now what it says on it, they couldn't get me a HW45 as stock is scarce, I called my local fishing shop that had one and he matched BAR's price, nipped out from the office to get it, its sat in my car shouting at me to go home and unbox it.
    A new 80 and a new 45!

You lucky, lucky man......enjoy!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

edbear2 Guest
    Just to add info to the barrel markings contributions, I have 3 here at the moment, all 1983 with serials ranging from 9361xx, 9371xx, and 9453xx...

The ''earliest'' one is stamped Made in Germany with a circle GB mark with the HW font slightly slanted, on the other side the barrel has the long Weihrauch oval stamp with the addy under.

The next oldest is stamped Made in Germany only (This is the only one stamped Hull Cart as well). with just Weihrauch on the other side.

The ''newest'' one is stamped Made in W. Germany and the HW font is upright compared to the other two, this too just has Weihrauch opposite.

Just added this as there seems to be some interest, pics below;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...h/24738735952/

ATB, Ed

Nice one Edd,
    Some also have the smaller,thicker & slanted font.
    Did the 2 hole arrestor in trigger block get mentioned which is found on early MK 1's & the captive nut in the trigger housing on later Rekords plus the adjusting screw changing from slotted to Torx,only minor but still detail.
    Also the rear sight is different having 3 locating holes in the breach block.

Excellent info and detail, folks.

Must have a look at mine sometime soon. As I have no remaining cabinet space here, my two Venom 80s are still in my dad's cabinet at the other end of town. They've not seen the light of day for years, together with my 77 Vantage and a 77K, bought in '92, and never used!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

That 77K must be getting rare if its still unused & standard,it will be like a barn find when you get to it Tony

Very interesting thread this ive got a few Hw's in my collection i have a nice HW 80 MK1 with slanted front end stock has GB stamped on the breach. Ive got it dated to 1981 and it has 3 arrestor holes in the trigger block.
    Last edited by speedthing; 06-02-2016 at 09:43 PM.
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    That 77K must be getting rare if its still unused & standard,it will be like a barn find when you get to it Tony
    Yep, totally as new and unused, Mick.

The last time I actually looked at it was about three years ago when I went to fetch the Predator that had also been living there.

When I got this particular 77, I was actively using a fair few other guns, mainly the Vantage and the 80s. I wasn't looking for another rifle at the time. I had a Beretta over and under which I'd used for clays, but that had become prohibitively expensive and I hadn't used that for a couple of years. I ended up at a dealer who offered me a fair price, but he made me a very attractive offer if I'd take something else from him, so we did a cash back deal.

As I say, it's not had a single pellet through it. I've plenty of others to use, so it might, one day, get used when I eventually retire and have more time.....if not, it'll make a nice heirloom!

Cripes Tone, thats even better than my Longbow thingy with Venom shrouded Tomahawk Barrel and no name on the cylinder from SFS, that should I admit openly admit I have now opened and fitted a VMach kit to. Hmmn maybe I should find new pins and refit the Webley insides lol.

Quote Originally Posted by speedthing View Post
    Very interesting thread this ive got a few Hw's in my collection i have a nice HW 80 MK1 with slanted front end stock has GB stamped on the breach. Ive got it dated to 1981 and it has 3 arrestor holes in the trigger block.
    That makes me think your barrel and stock are older than your trigger block and cylinder. But with all these variations, I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    That makes me think your barrel and stock are older than your trigger block and cylinder. But with all these variations, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Well the thing is the cylinder has the welded on front stock mountings (was told that the front stock mountings changed on later HW80's) also someone told me that it might have had a later trigger block. Ive looked at the machining along the scope rail with the block fitted under a magnifying glass the machining is quite rough and it matches perfectly. Also the block fits the cylinder as it should with a snug interference fit. So I'm thinking these 2 are original unless anyone can shine more light on the matter.

cheers AL
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

Also i did do a deep interweb search for info in the HW80's and i did find a thread on another forum which did mention that some MK1 HW80's did come with 3 arrestor holes but I'm no expert

The first MK1 80's had 2 arrestor holes only as did the MK1 77.You do get 3 hole 80's in the MK1 form as in the angular stock may be around 1983 but don't quote me on the date.
    I suspect the date on yours refers to the barrel which may well have been changed as you find with a lot of 80's.
    The welded lugs are on MK1 & MK11 until more recently.
    Is there any sign of the cocking link pin being changed at all ?