Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: difference between old and new 80,s?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    That makes me think your barrel and stock are older than your trigger block and cylinder. But with all these variations, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Lol, sounding a bit like Triggers sweeping brush this gun eh

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The first MK1 80's had 2 arrestor holes only as did the MK1 77.You do get 3 hole 80's in the MK1 form as in the angular stock may be around 1983 but don't quote me on the date.
    I suspect the date on yours refers to the barrel which may well have been changed as you find with a lot of 80's.
    The welded lugs are on MK1 & MK11 until more recently.
    Is there any sign of the cocking link pin being changed at all ?
    Hi landymick

Ive given it a good look over and to me it looks to be the original cocking link pin and also the trigger mech housing the back screw hole is threaded and not the captive nut type. My MK1 HW77 does indeed have 2 arrestor holes. So I'm a bit lost on this one it could well be that the barrel has been changed.

cheers AL
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

The barrel could have been changed with the link intact i suppose Al.
    Is the date from HW or from the forum guides ?
    The dates given on the lists are not all correct & best used for approximate idea of age.Even HW can't always date all its rifles i have MK1's with 3 holes but i know these are older than 81.

The dates given on the lists are not all correct & best used for approximate idea of age.Even HW can't always date all its rifles i have MK1's with 3 holes but i know these are older than 81.
    Hi i put the number in here http://www.weihrauch-database.eu

Dated both my 80 and my 77 on that site the serial number on my 80 which is under the barrel is 921118 if that helps.

cheers AL
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

Like myself it seems the 80 is a well liked rifle,having two my favourite of has to be the one magnunmike calls a bastard a early mk1 cylinder no markings,a new barrel in a .177k flavour from chambers ,atriggerblock from yabe,a piston from mach 1 and a cs modded stock,no markings anywhere internal via terry robb,Used it yesterday and its strange everyone at the range either have one or want one,this cost more too build than buying a new one but a keeper for me as the new ones do not feel the same,,
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by speedthing View Post
    Hi i put the number in here http://www.weihrauch-database.eu

Dated both my 80 and my 77 on that site the serial number on my 80 which is under the barrel is 921118 if that helps.

cheers AL
    The date is early & 81 could well be right so should have the 2 hole block.I noticed Eds example dated 1983 is older than yours & has the 2 hole block which mine also have.I noticed on my early eighties the piston had a longer cocking slot milled in towards the nose when compared with later examples which probably doesn't help in your case. Even the blueing may not be of any help unless one part is perfect & the other worn.
    So it has MK1 barrel & could be a later MK1 cylinder or a MK11 cylinder.

Cheers Mick its difficult to tell it does look all vintage and all correct but I'm thinking at some point its been played about with. It has been tuned at some point it has a set back trigger it also has nylon spring guides and spacers plus an outer spring guide to stop the twang and now ive put a new breach seal in it shoots super nice well i like it and its defo a keeper. Im just trying to sort it so it shoots nice how i want it then I'm going to send it for a re-blue. The Hw77 mk1 i picked up buy the way is near mint and i only payed £90 a bargain i recon.

cheers AL

Quote Originally Posted by speedthing View Post
    Also i did do a deep interweb search for info in the HW80's and i did find a thread on another forum which did mention that some MK1 HW80's did come with 3 arrestor holes but I'm no expert
    Me neither Al.
    But no worries, because parts do mix & match, and these fairly modern guns are 30-odd years old, rather than 100+ year old antiques.

I've been looking at this HW50, serial #434:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145.../HW50+(c.1950)
    Now that's an early HW!

Don't you mean 'newer' Mick?

I do love old Weihrauch's I'm not to bothered if its not original its a nice old rifle and it shoots really nice too. I did have another HW80 MK1 that i got in a deal it was a bit of a nail to be honest so i sold it on and the regretted it ever since. That didn't have hull cartridge on it and it also didn't have GB stamped on it either. It was a later serial number than the one ive got at the mo and someone had stuck it in a mk2 stock and that did have 2 arrestor holes. My MK1 HW77 also has no Hull Cartridge as well infact all the Weihrauch ive ever owned have never had the Hull stamp LOL.

Well spotted Rooti,
    Indeed it should say newer or later than 81.

Speedy you got a bargain 77 at that price.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Just got a brand new (thanks to a BBS member) 16" long .177" 80K barrel fitted onto my old Mk1 80... much as I like .20 for hunting, I 'd don't do any these days and much perfer .177 for general use. Amazing really that with a 35 year production run, the bits still interchange perfectly !

Shoots lovely too
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Well spotted Rooti,
    Indeed it should say newer or later than 81.

Speedy you got a bargain 77 at that price.
    Cheers i had to go and collect it as the lad that had it would not post was 120 mile round trip to get it but well worth it. The only thing wrong with it was the under lever catch ball and spring had done a runner so off to Chambers and £8 later all sorted. The bluing is really nice on it the stock is near mint its really almost out of the box also a keeper . The lad i got it off said that he had it up for sale for 3 months before i came across it as he would not post well for that price i don't mind going to collect.

Yeah, what a bargain! My MK1 77K cost me quite a bit altogether (needed a barrel latch / foresight unit, which was almost priceless!), while my MK2 77K is more like Davy's HW80, aka Frankenstein's Weihrauch.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Frankenstein 80... old MK1 action, brand spankers barrel, TX 200 piston, ISP rod, HW90 cocking link, new style shoe, homemade safety (and a bit of hydraulic tubing)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Yeah you got to love and old air rifle ive got quite a collection going at the mo