Thread: BSA Mk 2 Airsporter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Mk 2 Airsporter.

I have a nice condition .22 calibre Mk 2 Airsporter that I do not shoot much - I only to give it a few shots every 6 months or so to keep it working when I give it a clean and wipe-over, and I would like some idea of its value and age as I am considering selling it.

Serial number stamped on the trigger guard is GD14824.

The stock has some nice rich coloured wood and is in very good condition with the original varnish finish being 90% + and the metalwork is 70% + including the rear trigger housing that still has most of its black finish in place.

The folding rear sight is present and complete and it has a round front sight cover.

It has two pairs of short sight grooves on the cylinder, and at the moment it has a new (unused) Hawke Sport HD 4 x 32 mounted on it that IMO looks nice and does not look too big for the rifle, but I may keep the scope and mounts and just sell the rifle as the correct size mounts (Hilver?) took many months to find and were very expensive and can be used on a centre fire rifle instead.

The rifle has a typical Airsporter trigger and shoots with good power ( just shot it to make sure everything is OK) and would make a nice rifle for a collector or vintage rifle shooter to keep and enjoy.

The rifle is too good to restore and from a few paces away it looks immaculate but close inspection reveals the detail explained above.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Bob,

These are nice classic air rifles and value depends on how clear the cylinder etching is. A ball park figure is going to be somewhere between £150 and £200 dependant on that etching.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Bob,

These are nice classic air rifles and value depends on how clear the cylinder etching is. A ball park figure is going to be somewhere between £150 and £200 dependant on that etching.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John,

The cylinder etching is faded but can still be seen and read in good light !

The stamping of "BSA GUNS LTD.ENGLAND. .22 CAL." and the piled arms on the barrel is perfectly clear.

I was hoping £175 would be about right so I will take the scope off and advertise it at that and see how it goes.

Best regards,

Bob.

Do you have any idea how old it is?
    Last edited by zooma; 31-01-2016 at 06:11 PM.

I have now put this Mk 2 Airsporter up for sale in the sales section.

I sold my restored Mk 1 Airsporter today but I still have this nice "unmolested" Mk 2.

It was shot today and it has plenty of power - all in all a very nice tidy Mk 2 Airsporter