Quote Originally Posted by simgre View Post
I really wouldn't bother with 0.2gn increments. Even the most accurate measuring equipment available off the shelf for reloaders will have a 0.1gn variation. So let's say your first loads are at 15.0gns (purely illustrative) the next lot you'll throw at 15.2gn. But there is the chance that some of your first loads will already have been thrown at 15.1gn and some of your second loads will also be at 15.1gns.... Go at least 0.3gns would be my advice. Find the load with the most potential then tweak OAL.

And you should structure your expectations on the "route to perfection". The T3 Varmint is a good rifle but it's not a Benchrest gun. If you, your rifle and your loads can keep all groups, outside edge to outside edge, sub-MOA, every time at whatever distance, then you will have achieved a level of performance that is well above average. Messing with everything can sometimes have you miss the actual point. My grand father told me 35 years ago, the secret to rifle accuracy is a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel, consistently. His head would spin at what ordinary joe can achieve today with off the shelf rifles...

We can all shoot that one outstanding group now and again. Heck, I once shot a five round group, under an inch at 300m, with a .357 Uberti lever rifle! Everything, including a great big dose of luck and coincidence all came together with those five rounds. Never done it since. But consistently that rifle will shoot two to three inches at 100. That's the measure of it all.
Best post here for ages.

tac