Thread: "period" scope for a Mk2 airsporter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I have a EB 6x42 on mine That doesn't look too bad !
    Its a 177 and the most accurate Airsporter I have ever owned
    The Mount adaptors came from John Knibbs and were Expensive but work well
    I cant shoot without a scope these days so really its function over form i am afraid
    The little 3/4 scopes were never any good anyway

Is this the 177 Sporter from the Antiques fair Mally, looks very nice, jammy bxxxxxr.

Cheers
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Is this the 177 Sporter from the Antiques fair Mally, looks very nice, jammy bxxxxxr.

Cheers
    Mel
    Yeah thats The one mate Best Airsporter I ever Owned
    Glad I bought It
    How are You Doing Anyway Mate ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Bought it to the club last night, and one of the members had a spare 6x15 sussex armoury scope, 3/4" tube, complete with steel plate "wraparound" style mount. It did have a few issues... it seemed to have leaked some magnification in it's 30 odd years, and it was just about a 4x mag now. Looking down range through it, it appeared that the black powder boys had just unleased a volley of lead, and the range was bathed in smoke... then I looked with the naked eye and it was fine... so a bit "clpoudy" then Zeroing was interesting... the elevation turret clicked, but run out of "down" whilst still shooting 6" high. The windage didn't click at all, and had no affect on zero, which randomly moved left and right with a 10" range

But, it really did look the business on the old 'sporter. But it was utter shite in every practical sense

I think John summarised it pretty well above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I wouldn't hold out much hope of hitting much with a period BSA scope - they're better for display than use and open sights are a lot more useful
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Bought it to the club last night, and one of the members had a spare 6x15 sussex armoury scope, 3/4" tube, complete with steel plate "wraparound" style mount. It did have a few issues... it seemed to have leaked some magnification in it's 30 odd years, and it was just about a 4x mag now. Looking down range through it, it appeared that the black powder boys had just unleased a volley of lead, and the range was bathed in smoke... then I looked with the naked eye and it was fine... so a bit "clpoudy" then Zeroing was interesting... the elevation turret clicked, but run out of "down" whilst still shooting 6" high. The windage didn't click at all, and had no affect on zero, which randomly moved left and right with a 10" range

But, it really did look the business on the old 'sporter. But it was utter shite in every practical sense

I think John summarised it pretty well above:
    Airsporter 6" high. no more adjustment.
    Pass you back to Blackkrider.
    Seem to remember John had a problem similar but not sure of the solution.
    Edd.
    The only good rat is a dead rat and the best poison to use is lead.... .25 Flavour
    No I don't want the bucket closer