For years I'd been thinking about getting back into shooting in some form or another and decided a few weeks back to dip my toe in the water by getting a Beeman P17 pistol. I've been using the Beeman at my local 10m range and it's fair to say I'm pretty hooked on the sport so I'm now thinking about my next pistol purchase.

I don't think I'm quite ready to head into Steyr territory so am looking to go for small upgrade to the Beeman. My only criteria really is that I don't want Co2 and I don't want to blow a chunk of budget on setting up for PCP just yet so am looking at single stroke pneumatic which I do realise limits my options. Also not to keen on 2nd hand unless it was from someone I know or well known on here (can't see the for sale forum until I've posted 5 times).My hours for internet research have led me to the Baikal MP-46m. I know it's not going to win any beauty contests but it seems to offer the accuracy upgrade I'm looking for. Or should I just persist with the Beeman and wait until I'm ready to spend the big bucks?

Currently my only concern about the Baikal is what I've read about it being nose heavy - for a beginner like me I'm wondering how much of an issue this is? I know it will be heavier than the Beeman.

I'm also thinking of ordering it from the Sportsman Gun Centre, seems they have the best price at the moment and as I'm off to Wales soon for a spot of r&r I'm thinking I could pick it up en route. Has anyone got any experience of dating with this company, good or bad?

Thanks in advance for comments and advice.

Tim.