Thread: Peacemaker loading gate

Peacemaker loading gate

Hi guys - has anyone with a Umarex Peacemaker had any trouble with a wobbly loading gate? I only got mine a few days ago and yesterday I noticed that there was quite a bit of play back and forth, almost as though it was going to come off! I didn't notice any play in it when I got it, so wondered if anyone else's was the same?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Frank.

HI frank on my peacemakers the loading gate catch does have a slight side to side wobble when open, only about 1.5mm though mate it certainly does not feel like its going to fall off..
    ATB Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Ok marc - thanks my friend. I might go back with it and see what they say! I'm just surprised how quick it's gone loose - it's only had two co2's in it!

They are a bit loose.
    I think they have to be to slip over the shells?
    A question of how loose I guess.

Mine is quite loose as well, it is annoying, as is the fit when it is closed.

On a real peacemaker the fit of the loading gate is second to none, the gap is virtually invisible and there is no play in the gate at all (well Maybe on early models but they are getting on a bit now!).
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

But the real gate does not have to cope with loose cartridges rattling about.

I'm not sure why that would be a problem to be honest. If the gate was flush with the recoil shield it wouldn't make any difference to the loose cartridges.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thanks lads - I took it back to the shop today and he said they were all like that - I had him get me three off display and checked them myself! As long as I know I didn't get a bad one I don't mind so much - gonna keep my eye on it though. The shells rattle about in the chambers don't they - they could do with being a bit fatter! I might try 'sleeving' them with something!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-boy View Post
    Thanks lads - I took it back to the shop today and he said they were all like that - I had him get me three off display and checked them myself! As long as I know I didn't get a bad one I don't mind so much - gonna keep my eye on it though. The shells rattle about in the chambers don't they - they could do with being a bit fatter! I might try 'sleeving' them with something!
    HI mate glad yours is not faulty, yeah the cartridges in the cylinder that are nit inlined with the barrel ate a little loose a few guys on umarexboysclub have sleeved the cylinder so the shells are a tighter fit and then have to use the ejector/push rod to remove the shells, personally though as the cartridge that sits snug against the barrel gets alined with the barrel and cylinder groove and has no wobble and gets pinned into place I'm not in no hurry to try the mod, but I might do one day just to try it.
    ATB Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Hi Marc - do you happen to know what they used to sleeve the chambers? I might give it go - i'm only happy when i'm tinkering!

HI frankie. They used very thin clear plastic lol the stuff you get from cake and dohnut packaging etc, but I see you have used thin card, that should do the trick as well..

I'm really not sure if I'm going to do the mod or not, my only concern is it could affect the inlinement with the tip of the cartridge to the barrel and then could cause damage to the inner barrel which is what people did this mod to try to prevent from happening.. So is a tricky one for me to decide really..

Have you noticed any difference in accuracy? Dome say it has improved there's some say it's not effected it..

Mines very accurate anyway so until it starts doing single bb groupings at 20ft I can't see the accuracy on mine improving.

ATB Marc..

Yes marc - I tried some plastic but settled on the thick silver paper in the end. I haven't glued it in or anything - just rolled it in to a little tube and plonked it in the chambers! It certainly stopped them rattling about and made no difference either way to accuracy. I ordered a nice black holster off Amazon the other day so i'm waiting for that to arrive from Germany.