Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New small scope

I have The leapers bug buster scope it's quite solid and weighty with a one piece tube I think it will be fine on a Springer.

I had one of the Leapers 2-7X32 from JSR and could really fault it,its parallaxed corrected to 35yds,has a good clear view and is specifically rated for spring guns and comes with flip up lens covers.On low mag it it focuses down to about 4yds.What more do you want for about £30,you certainly won't get anything better imo.

I have both the Simmons and the leapers scopes. I think the leapers one is slightly better/more versatile unless weight is an issue. On lowest magnification, the leapers scope runs out of field of view but it isn't an issue (and you can use it to line your head up to remove parallax errors). Don't worry about the illuminated reticule part- they are rubbish on most cheap scopes.

Still no show, definitely thought it would turn up today,
    Last edited by Trumpetier; 05-02-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Bought a 'Simmons 1.5-5x32/8 point' which has been attached to my rifle for the last couple of years but as of late I noticed I've been struggling to see with it even when set on 5x so last night I changed back to my '3-10x44/Hawke Reflex MD' and voila I can now see the light and my target which would normally have been obscured by the 'little 8 points' reticle so maybe 'idle biddy scopes' aren't the best scope for all round general purpose shooting that or it could be cos it's just a cheap scope !...👍

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Still no show, definitely thought it would turn up today
    You're probably at the mercy Yodel.There was a program on CH4 the other night,'Despatches' I think,one of they reporters went under cover working there.It's a good job JSR pack they stuff well! It appears many of their drivers are self employed sub contractors delivering in their cars and some of them leave a lot to be desired.It showed one lobbing a laptop over a high gate into a bush because there wasn't anyone at home,another had chucked the parcel onto the roof of the house:eek.The previous examples not withstanding those sub contractors only get 60p per parcel to deliver,no car allowance,no fuel money.A while back CH4 did the same with UK Mail and they were no better when it came to handling peoples parcels.

It's a real shame. In the past if an order was placed with jsr before 1pm, you nearly always received your package the next day. I thought I would definitely receive it today, ah well maybe tomorrow My order was processed on Wednesday, so it's got to be down to fxxxing Yodel

It's a real shame. In the past if an order was placed with jsr before 1pm, you nearly always received your package the next day. I thought I would definitely receive it today, ah well maybe tomorrow My order was processed on Wednesday, so it's got to be down to fxxxing Yodel
    Don't JSR have a contract with them that it's next day delivery ?? Been a while since I've bought anything from them but when I have in the past it's not cheap delivery but it's always arrived the next day??????

Well this is very disappointing. The email from jsr has the tracking details. The parcel was collected from jsr on the day of ordering, the 3rd. Three days later it's sat at the local Yodel depot STILL waiting to be delivered

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    What are these rated up too? Ie, hawkes 50bmg etc.
    If they will cope with springers I might be very interested in a couple of these.
    Had one mounted on a Theoben Eliminator with no problems at all.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

It's only since they've been using Yodel that things have deteriorated.Never had a problem when they were using Royal Mail nearly always came the next day sometimes even when it was sent on 48hr delivery and I live at the other end of the country.I think it's Yodel trying to get business by under cutting everyone else and doing things as cheap as possible, like paying the subcontracted delivery drivers 60p a parcel, and that never works.Would you want to deliver parcels for 60p and have to use your own vehicle with no mileage or fuel allowance,I'm bloody sure I wouldn't.
    Last edited by Patrick 2; 06-02-2016 at 02:42 PM.

MY PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED well packed as always, cheers Jsr Poor show Yodel

MY PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED well packed as always, cheers Jsr Poor show Yodel
    Let us know what you think of the little scope,I thought it was very good for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick 2 View Post
    Let us know what you think of the little scope,I thought it was very good for the money.
    Out the box it looks a little cracker. Won't get chance to mount it till at least Monday though. Just looking through it, the image is nice and clear

Out the box it looks stunning in its under-crackers. Won't get chance to mount it till at least Monday though.
    Dave; wot we talking about here????????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!