Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate Big Secret

I`m not really bothered what Daystate are up to as their rifles are way out of my price range, and I`m a confirmed springer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I`m not really bothered what Daystate are up to as their rifles are way out of my price range, and I`m a confirmed springer fan.
    Perhaps it will be a springer.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    You do hear the odd group berating Daystate but you hear little praising it. The latter are too busy shooting to notice the former. Someone has a bad experience with a Huntsman then all the rest are crap according to their one week experience. Over the years I have owned many rifles and the main defective ones I remember are an FX2000 which was too inconsistent, HW100 which wouldn't hit a barn door, Huntsman Midas which suffered low power, R10 which the reg failed and an S200 which the bolt jammed. Nothing has a 100% quality record.
    The emphasis being on the word "odd". Daystate would have gone out of business long ago if their products were as bad as some make out.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Not saying that they aren't any good .Saying that they are vastly overpriced for what they are .
    Imagine the cost if they fitted a regulator to any of their mechanical models.

Maybe that's what the latest model will have, a regulator. Cutting edge technology or what ?
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Ooh, get you!
    You just can't take a bit of banter can you?
    Man up Grumps, it's just a bloody airgun forum.

Chris
    There's banter and then there's being downright insulting. Clearly you don't know the difference.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    There's banter and then there's being downright insulting. Clearly you don't know the difference.
    Or maybe I do.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    Imagine the cost if they fitted a regulator to any of their mechanical models.

Maybe that's what the latest model will have, a regulator. Cutting edge technology or what ?
    They have a slingshot hammer which is damn near the performance of a reg if not better.
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Or maybe I do.

Chris
    Grow up.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

They have a slingshot hammer which is damn near the performance of a reg if not better.
    That is simply not true.
    Agreed
    Good for you.
    Grow up.
    Never!
    Chris

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    They have a slingshot hammer which is damn near the performance of a reg if not better..
    Nope.

Better than a simple knock-open but not as good as a regulator.

http://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/feat...ingshot-valve/
    Al

A slingshot is a knock open valve. It knocks the valve open. The slingshot element just reduces hammer bounce and consequent valve bounce.

You can get good and bad regs and you can get good and bad setups without them. There's bound to be a crossover and also a spread between them. Cherry picking one for effect doesn't really give credit to the subject matter at hand.

Put 90 shots through my 510....forty yards off a bipod all in a nice cloverleaf cluster ,then they start to drop off...really don't see the point of a reg through a gun that is inherently accurate.

Regulators can be the Achilles heel of many rifles. It used to be commonplace to see FT shooters fire off a blank shot if they had been hanging around waiting for a place on the next lane, just in case the regulator had "crept".

Not every gunsmith wants to work on regulated rifles, and my local chap is one of them who says no thanks, it's not an area where he has the necessary skills or test gear.

The mapping system used in the Airwolf is designed to give the same performance as a reg, in terms of consistent velocity, without the moving parts, without the seals that might let by, and probably at a fraction of the manufacturing cost. Just look at the precision workmanship needed to turn out a working regulator, fine tolerances etc, compared to a few lines of code burnt into a chip, and an industry-standard pressure transducer providing the input. And, of course, the modulated power of the solenoid hammer system, which is part of the inherent design anyway.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I'm not sure how that's achieved though. The underperformance of a reg varies from reg to reg. I'm sure it's probably more consistent if you throw the reg out and map the curve a knock open valve will create... but I'd suspect that as well needs some careful calibration or else it's going to be a loose fit. Think car ECU, one size fits all loosely, but an hour on the dyno gets it tight to your car but not someone else's.

Dipping a toe into the area, lots aren't all that, and there can be improvements, but as you say, if you haven't got the gear, then you can only make assumptions. With some rifles you can't make any. I'm fairly confident with one make of rifle i don't need to do much, and with another a service is a mandatory strip down with every stage of the air path requiring testing.

I can understand why gunsmiths don't go near PCP's.

The emphasis being on the word "odd". Daystate would have gone out of business long ago if their products were as bad as some make out.
    They are as bad as people make out , like i pointed out in a early post , daystate employed some one to sort out problems , never did his job properly though

Agreed

Grow up.
    A slingshot hammer is no way better than a reg

Some people cant take banter and that's very sad

Chris PLEASE don't grow up or you will end up like the other sad f&*(%^$