Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate Big Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    It just depends who you talk to - I've had over a dozen, so can claim to have had more than many of the folk slagging them off, but all mine have been fine - no leaks, and a couple of stiff bolts put right under warranty at no cost to me. Like any manufacturer they get issues, everyone does, and with the hefty price tag there should be less, but people still buy them by the bucket load, so whether or not you think they have a bad reputation, they make and sell some of the nicest guns on the market

James
    Hello James
    Just to say that the people I asked had also spent there money on Daystate rifles and were disappointed.
    I can say that every single person that I talked to about there HW100's were not disappointed so that is why I got one and was so pleased with it I got a 22 to go with the 177.
    There was part of me that wanted to get a daystate but i wanted a safe bet.
    Daystate have beautiful stocks and i have to say that the rifles look great.

There are some people who still buy into the Daystate myth but, and this is from experience of owning many brands, they are the same type of person who buys into a car badge, or a camera badge, or a particular brand of trainers. More to be pitied than scolded. You see them on every high street in every town and, secretly, you laugh at them.
    Fortunately for Daystate, they are legion and eternally deluded.
    Look on the photo section of the DOC and you will see that these extraordinary people are actually proud of their delusion (or perhaps just ignorant of it).
    Put an average HW100 against an average Regal (they're about the same price) and the reality is blatant.
    In fact, put an average Regal against an average Ultra SE and the shortcomings of the Daystate become obvious.
    Nothing will deter these people from aspiring to Daystate because they honestly know no better, their philosophy is that if it costs the most it will be the best. Most will gladly pay top dollar for jogging pants with three stripes down the side or sports shirts with a big tick on the breast.
    A flash of gold coloured metal on a battery gun will send them into almost sexual excitement, as would a large sovereign ring or a slab sided necklace in 9 carat.
    I don't decry these benighted people, they are what they are, but they should be recognised as such.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    I heard it has Dyson digital cyclonic compressor technology with lithium battery, around 80 shots per charge. No need for air bottles or pumps.
    ill have one in 30 cal lol

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    There are some people who still buy into the Daystate myth but, and this is from experience of owning many brands, they are the same type of person who buys into a car badge, or a camera badge, or a particular brand of trainers. More to be pitied than scolded. You see them on every high street in every town and, secretly, you laugh at them.
    Chris
    I've also got a new Porsche, a big house, and I holiday in the Caribbean - Laugh all you want!

James

Look on the photo section of the DOC and you will see that these extraordinary people are actually proud of their delusion (or perhaps just ignorant of it).
    Put an average HW100 against an average Regal (they're about the same price) and the reality is blatant.
    In fact, put an average Regal against an average Ultra SE and the shortcomings of the Daystate become obvious.
    Nothing will deter these people from aspiring to Daystate because they honestly know no better, their philosophy is that if it costs the most it will be the best. Most will gladly pay top dollar for jogging pants with three stripes down the side or sports shirts with a big tick on the breast.
    A flash of gold coloured metal on a battery gun will send them into almost sexual excitement, as would a large sovereign ring or a slab sided necklace in 9 carat.
    I don't decry these benighted people, they are what they are, but they should be recognised as such.

Chris
    I have a second hand mint daystate mk4 is in 177 didn't pay nothing like retail its as accurate as my hw 100 if not slightly better I love the fireing cycle of the electronic trigger and its consistency it does what it says on the tin ps first daystate I have owned

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    It just depends who you talk to - I've had over a dozen, so can claim to have had more than many of the folk slagging them off, but all mine have been fine - no leaks, and a couple of stiff bolts put right under warranty at no cost to me. Like any manufacturer they get issues, everyone does, and with the hefty price tag there should be less, but people still buy them by the bucket load, so whether or not you think they have a bad reputation, they make and sell some of the nicest guns on the market

James
    Sums up my experiences with Daystates as well. What really annoys me with a lot of folks is that they have never owned a Daystate but they no someone who has and its been nothing but trouble. I think Daystate's are great all I wish is they were cheaper and if you needed any work done on them at Daystate it cost considerably less.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I've also got a new Porsche, a big house, and I holiday in the Caribbean - Laugh all you want!

James
    And your point is??

Chris
    Mine has done me proud for getting on 5 years ,
    Would not swap it for any other sub 12 hunting rifle to be honest i think you would struggle to find a target rifle that will out perform it in single shot .
    Your experiences with Daystate are very well documented
    its no excuse for throwing insults at people
    very petty post its getting a bit boring to be honest

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I hear it's a springer
    It will be a back-to-basics break-barrel with open sights. Most components will be made from injection-moulded plastic, with the exception of the barrel liner which will be a thin rifled brass tube. The piston will be unique in that it will feature no seal, and will ride on the plastic compression cylinder with only fine tolerances and some 'Special Grease' to maintain a hyperbaric spike. The really big innovation, and Walther should take note, is the cam-action lever for locking the barrel and action together, which the expert historian will realise is an update on that used on the world-famous Greener rifle from before the Second World War.

It will be called 'The Daystate Break-Barrel Air-Rifle' (DBBAR) or 'Debbie's Arse' as the production team know it.

Chris
    That is just stupid, no way does a flash of gold on my electric gun send me into sexual excitement I am not benighted. It is the ickle numbers on the ickle electric screen that does it for me....instant orgasm!
    Proud and lucky owner of a Daystate Pulsar ORO .177 and a Daystate Pulsar .22 with Smoke Stock

Chris
    Have you ever owned one Chris, or do you just enjoy making offensive comments about Daystate rifles and their owners?

I take my hat off to you, your troll-like post has certainly had the desired effect.
    Born To Be Mild.

I have a HW 100 KT, AA S400, Huntsman Regal and BSA R10 MKII plus as many springers. All the PCPs are good. They are Walnut or Beech stocked and they are all more accurate than I am. They are also very different to each other. None is a bad rifle. I don't buy stuff because they are from a particular brand. I do not make a religion out of brand ownership. I do not get turned on by guns or cameras or exotic HiFi but I do like a well made and well engineered machine and these unfortunately cost a great deal of money. I am not rich, far from it, but I like to buy quality rather than save a few quid and buy second best. I think that I am quite normal. I do not make fun of other people who might think differently from me nor do I push my opinion at the expense of the others. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to express their opinion but when it comes to insulting others because they think differently , I draw the line. I also despise people who rant and insult when they read something that they do not agree with. We are all different and we can all be polite to each other. There is no need to be nasty and condescending to others.

Regards,

A.G

James
    Your post kind of proves my point James.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mikemorton View Post
    Have you ever owned one Chris, or do you just enjoy making offensive comments about Daystate rifles and their owners?

I take my hat off to you, your troll-like post has certainly had the desired effect.
    I have owned several Regals (Love the feel of the gun but couldn't get one to shoot as it should) and two MK4is, one of which was very good.
    My comments about their owners is made from experience and is not intended as a troll post.

Chris
    Last edited by Seamaster; 06-02-2016 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

James
    Quote from your post on the 31st

Has no one ever told you - "It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it!".......
    Just an observation.;-)
    Last edited by greenman; 06-02-2016 at 10:41 AM.