Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Daystate Big Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger
    Audi and BMW drivers hear the same all the time.
    Yes, I've had BMW's since the 90's, but I also like other makes, some more than others, it's all personal taste. I'm the same with guns

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    ask yourself why you "Dislike" something your never going to buy if it's not simple jealousy politics!
    I've already said why I dislike modern Daystate products.
    I too have owned lots of different makes, including several Daystates, I'm not jealous of Daystate owners, why would I be? It's just easy for you to put it down to that without having to look a bit deeper.
    I had an Audi a few years back and I've owned a couple of BMWs more recently. They're damned good products that don't cost double what their rivals sell for. Their marketing is much more subtle and their QC is at least on a par with most other brands.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    So,.Putting aside there is a definite love/hate relationship with Daystate and some of the member of the forum, regardless of which side of the fence your on:

Back to the thread: Does anyone have an inkling into what the "Big Secret" actually is?

It's less than a week till the reveal, so someone somewhere has definitely seen it or knows more.

James
    Thank you James

Zed (OP )

All manufacturers suffer from lemons, pretending Daystate have more issues than other companies is just guesswork without facts to back it up rather than internet experts who have no proof they have ever owned the rifles they slate, lots of liars on the internet.

You call it cynical marketing, owners may see it as owning something a bit different, if people are willing to pay then what's the problem, if you "dislike" a brand that you have never owned or would pay for, that's just predjudice, I'm not a Daystate fan any more than I am of AA, BSA or HW, I own and have owned all of them, my Mk3 was a very good rifle with no issues other then a battery change after 3 years, I know of several which are used regularly without issue, daystate make damn good rifles which cost a lot to make, so you pay a bit more, ask yourself why you "Dislike" something your never going to buy if it's not simple jealousy politics!
    It's a well known fact that daystate have had and still have problems , they employed some one from MTC the one who moved to France to try and sort out problems . To say they make damn good riffles , you will find one hell of lot of people who would disagree with that and most of the tuners as well and they don't cost any more to make than any other make IMO

I know of two gun shops who used to keep daystates but will not deal with daystate because to many had to go back and another one who still sells them but he also told me ,out of all the manufacturers of guns ,more daystates go back than any other make !!

I suppose my only experience is with my Regal which I got in perfect condition for a very good price.

I suppose if you pay £1400 for a mk4 etc then I don't suppose they are worth the money.

I looked at top line Daystates and they just weren't special enough.

Hence the Spartan Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamcs View Post
    Now that, I am jealous of!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Now that, I am jealous of!

Chris
    Some pics for you to feast your eyes on http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/Ma...ibrary/Spartan

Beautiful mate, the quality and finish looks fantastic. Does it get plenty of use?

Chris

With regards to rifles and problems i've recently got a wolverine c after having a r10 for 10 days before the reg started leaking and I had a fairly long chat with the rfd and he told me that if they sold 40 rifles in a week they might get two returns he went on too say that across the board the percentage of faulty rifles was from his experience relatively even out of all makes compared to the amount sold .
    The biggest thorn in his side regarding returns at the moment is the Fx Wildcat yet ive not heard a bad word about these anywhere .

your paying for the engineering involved, there are a lot of machining requirements in the design and that costs time and money, people like to knock them because they are expensive, but that the same for most expensive items, politics of jealousy someone called it!
    Nothing to do with it.Ive had them ,right up to the Airwolf and to be honest looking at build quality,materials used ect I really don't think they are worth what they charge .Apart from the electrics they haven't been that innovative ,I mean the harper slingshot valve is years old.Just look at folk like hatsan ...very innovative. R an d ,new model department are constantly running at full tilt .New bullpup is nice and they ain't asking stupid money .

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamcs View Post
    I suppose my only experience is with my Regal which I got in perfect condition for a very good price.

I suppose if you pay £1400 for a mk4 etc then I don't suppose they are worth the money.

I looked at top line Daystates and they just weren't special enough.

My experience too....had a wolverine forester and an air arms ultimate sporter side by side....over an hour later and weighing everything up i walked away with the bombproof US and with the change bought a top of the range leupold.No regrets she's never skipped a beat.I think daystate make fabulous rifles.....are brave ....but too bloody expensive .

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I reckon it will be a full length rifle version of the Pulsar.

Chris
    It was in a long'ish gun bag, that's all I can tell you!

Alex.B. is offline Instant Idiot. Just add alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    It was in a long'ish gun bag, that's all I can tell you!
    When you saw it were you in the repair department
    Give a dog a home ! Take a rescue dog home, go on you know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.B. View Post
    When you saw it were you in the repair department
    You is a bad man!
    Love it though. :-)

Chris