Thread: evanix air rifles

evanix air rifles

Hello been ages since I posted here but was thinking of doing some informal target shooting again. Seems that a new military look is coming and I really like them, and was wondering if anybody has tried the evanix guns? was thinking just for targeting at petes farm and when it gets warmer to shoot outside....was also looking at those new sig ones but worried about it being co2 , similar guns in the past I have had have been nothing but trouble....are these any better? liking they have a rifled barrel...and the 750fps ...so they say anyway ...anyone tried it ? Many thanks, Rich.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

secretagentmole Guest
    Got an Evanix Rainstorm, quiet, compact, well balanced, slightly wooden trigger but I understand that they have been working on that. Not had any problems with mine and I had one of the first in the country!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Got an Evanix Rainstorm, quiet, compact, well balanced, slightly wooden trigger but I understand that they have been working on that. Not had any problems with mine and I had one of the first in the country!
    cool yes I was looking at them they look very cool... I'm going to the show at the weekend where I hope to see and try a few before I buy ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    haha yeah I saw that review 45cal! nice.. sadly it will be 4.5 but I like that gun.. I was looking at the 480 semi auto but its smooth bore and at £1600 a very expensive plinker...

I handled, but didn't get to shoot, a Rainstorm for sale second hand in Exeter earlier this week.

It feels very solid I must say, reminiscent in an endearing way of a miniature scale Forth Bridge.

The write-ups suggest the trigger pull weight is substantial.

It was a 22 version in almost showroom condition for £545.

I tried a FX Wildcat at the same time, much lighter and almost seemed frail in comparison.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I handled, but didn't get to shoot, a Rainstorm for sale second hand in Exeter earlier this week.

It feels very solid I must say, reminiscent in an endearing way of a miniature scale Forth Bridge.

The write-ups suggest the trigger pull weight is substantial.

It was a 22 version in almost showroom condition for £545.

I tried a FX Wildcat at the same time, much lighter and almost seemed frail in comparison.
    The trigger is adjustable you know, mine was not heavy at all, just wooden due to the length from trigger to mechanism.

sleeprunner is offline Honorary Member Fat Gits Running Club
    Hi
    I have both a Rainstorm and a Max Bullpup and like them both for diffrent reasons.

The Rainstorm in .22 is a marmite gun for looks - the kind of futuristic look I like though. I have a bipod on mine and have scoped it with a mamba lite. It shoots well but is not the easiest to handle and get used to. I had to experiment with scope height and eye relief before getting it right. The trigger - well, it is agriculural but can be improved with adjustement but the travel is still there, AC guns now have a modification kit apparently and the new versions have this and from what I have seen on the tube its a big improvement.

My Max bullpup is .177 and its a lovely gun to handle and shoot. Trigger is very good out of the box and like my Rainstorm had to experiment with scope height etc to get it right. It shoulders well and the feel and quality is excellent in my opinion.

So, I am a fan but if I was to recommend one over the other then it would have to be the Max
    Good Deals with - scottyoungsheep, $harp$hooter, the wizard, Swat Strachan, krazy_horse, munchman, CRX, beagle2, flowergil1, Bigwull, Skan, jbb, Bigshot, Aardys, Nickbloggs, pennineway.fswo, batfink, Dfor, eredel, neil1972, alan-aitch, chip, Fagan

thank you all for your input, I'm really looking forward to the show and see what's new...but I know ill be going for one of the military look pups. The Rainstorm has a new trigger. I been trying to find one second hand local to essex but nothing so looks like it will have to be a brand new one... I like the max at 750 in black looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by mrto
    That really is a monster !

I have a Sniper-K in .177. It is an excellent gun with a massive shot count (close to 200) and fantastic accuracy.

The trigger is not bad for what it is though it is a little heavy, it is not as heavy as most say it is and is certainly useable. The adjustable stock on the Sniper makes it a good fit for me, so much so that I consistently shoot better with it than I do with my HW100. They are designed for the American Market so they have FAC rifling and like a harder pellet like an Accupell, this is also the reason for the heavy trigger. This is also the reason for the high shot count and the tighter laws on moderators in the states lead to the inclusion of a shroud for silencing. The muzzle break unscrews and you can get a silencer adaptor, with both in place you just hear the action.

If you get an Evanix make sure that you get the Pnuematic Ballistics magazines with it as they are far better than the original Evanix ones. I like the Rainstorm as well but I prefer the Sniper, the MAX is also an excellent little rifle.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich