Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bowman Classic Open Shoot at Meon Valley Airgun Club - 12 June 2016

The Bowman Classic Open Shoot at Meon Valley Airgun Club - 12 June 2016

Wandering up and collecting your trophy when you’ve come out tops at a competition is a great feeling, but those notorious “bon viveurs” at Meon Valley Airgun Club have come up with prizes that will put even the most eye-catching piece of silverware in the shade – real ale!

Sunday 12 June sees Meon Valley A.C. once again hosting the Bowman Classic Open Shoot, sponsored by local real ale brewery Bowman Ales, who have kindly donated some cracking prizes in the form of their most popular products to go alongside the more traditional winners’ trophies.

Not only does the Bowman Classic boast prizes in liquid form, it also offers a unique day of shooting, comprising a traditional HFT 30 shot course, an intriguing tactical gamble HFT-style course (with points being added or subtracted, depending on whether you take a shot kneeling or standing), and a pistol course (free loan of pistols available if you don't have your own).

Trophies and beer for the winners in each class, as well as for the overall aggregate winner – all for the bargain entry price of just £10!

For further retails visit Meon Valley Airgun Club’s website, and whilst you're online why not also take a peek at the event's sponsors website Bowman Ales
    Last edited by fastnick; 04-02-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Is the course set to UKAHFT spec or CSFTA and if its CSFTA what are the rules?

Chilly
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Sorry, Gary - have only just seen your question

The Bowman Classic HFT course will be run to CSFTA rules; the tactical gamble and pistol shoots will probably be made up as we go along

Are the pistols open sights only?
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    Is there a springer class chaps, as befitting proper real ale drinkers

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    Nope....come fully loaded.....Scopes or Red dot. Up to you

ATB
    Mike.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Is there a springer class chaps, as befitting proper real ale drinkers

Bob
    Will double check for you Bob, but I think it's a no! Will let you know after tomorrow.

ATB
    Mike

We are combining the Springer and .22 Classes into one group - naturally, this is the category that will appeal not only to real ale drinkers but also those who find the .177 Open Class just a little too easy

So, if you prefer not to spend your time at The Bowman Classic with those of The Guardian-reading, Liberal Democrat-voting, lentil-munching persuasion, then bring your springer along - or if you are seriously hardcore, make it a .22 Springer

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    We are combining the Springer and .22 Classes into one group - naturally, this is the category that will appeal not only to real ale drinkers but also those who find the .177 Open Class just a little too easy

So, if you prefer not to spend your time at The Bowman Classic with those of The Guardian-reading, Liberal Democrat-voting, lentil-munching persuasion, then bring your springer along - or if you are seriously hardcore, make it a .22 Springer
    Is one required to shoot springer pistol as well in the springer class or are you allowing a lemonade top for those with easy peasy pistols? Just wondering like, for clarity.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Is one required to shoot springer pistol as well in the springer class or are you allowing a lemonade top for those with easy peasy pistols? Just wondering like, for clarity.

Bob
    No restrictions Bob, you can shoot what ever floats your boat in pistol as long as it's legal 😊

ATB
    Mike.

Please pass on my apologies as I can't make it. My mum is 92 on Monday so we're going to London on Sunday to take her out for lunch. As my dad died yesterday, she needs a bit of extra looking after....

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Please except our sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad.

Totally understandable and please, there is no need to apologise.

Have a lovely day with your Mum, look after her as mum's are very special😊

ATB
    Meon Valley Airgun Club.

Hello Chaps,

I'm very sorry but I can't make it on Sunday, I am working Saturday night and my shift has been modified and it has gone from being a easy one to the shift from hell. Then my Sunday night shift that should have started at 23.00 has been brought forward to 20.45 and I will not have enough time to sleep after getting back from the shoot.

If i could ask a favor though, can some of you get some pictures of the event, plus a group picture of all the winners.

cheers

Chilly
    Last edited by scutter; 10-06-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Hello Chaps,

I'm very sorry but I can't make it on Sunday, I am working Saturday night and my shift has been modified and it has gone from being a easy one to the shift from hell. Then my Sunday night shift that should have started at 23.00 has been brought forward to 20.45 and I will not have enough time to sleep after getting back from the shoot.

If i could ask a favor though, can some of you get some pictures of the event, plus a group picture of all the winners.

cheers

Chilly
    Hi Gary,

Bit late with those excuses, we have already booked your deck chair and pillow's, Oh well I suppose we can afford to write off the 20p deposit

Yep no problem Gary, will make sure Nick is on the ball with it all.

Have a lovely weekend working whilst us poor sod's enjoy ourselves having to shoot tin chicken's for fun!

ATB
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Hello Chaps,

cheers

Chilly
    Is it wrong that i fell asleep twice reading this.... Oh yeah Gary, shall we publish them for you...Oh wait, that's awkward....
    XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!