Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump or Cylinder???

Bigmal Guest

Pump or Cylinder???

Hello Guys and Gals.

I desperately need some information. Am just about to purchase a Logun 16s and am wondering about recharging the cylinder.

Am an anaesthetic tech and as such have access to medical air. Can I recharge from these size G bull nose cylinders at work, or is it going to have to be a pump, or is my own cylinder the way to go???

Used to be full bore pistol shooter and airguns are a new venture to me. So please be gentle with me.
    Last edited by Bigmal; 02-08-2005 at 09:46 PM.

chinstrap Guest
    not sure if fancy filling a bottle that size with a pump,easy enough on my s400 but a lot less shots per charge..cant speak for medical air so maybe a bottle.hth shaun

p.s welcome to the board by the way and its helpful if you fill in a few details about yourself in your profile too so people know a little more about you.its just being freindly
    Last edited by chinstrap; 02-08-2005 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot to say hello

Welcome to the madhouse...! Most shooters use diving bottles, a 7litre 300bar is a good choice, and with a hose, gauge, etc. costs about £150-170.
    The air must be dry, as any moisture can cause damaging rust in the gun.
    A pump with a DriPak filter is not much cheaper than a bottle, and hard work.
    I don't know anything about commercial air... would it fit in the boot of your car? You might run into security problems getting a gun in and out of your place of work. It's a good idea to join a club, and see what other people are doing.
    Cheers,
    Gus
    PS don't use anything but air.. see the "sticky" entitled "Just say NO!"
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

When I owned an s16 I had a pump, the 400cc bottle made me buy a cylinder. 400cc at 207bar is alot of pumping. It takes awhile and you have to keep stopping to allow the pump to cool down (my excuse anyway.. )

Dazz

frogandtoad is offline Here only for the Mods' amusement...
    just out of curiosity chinstrap,how many pumps does it take to fill an aa400 ive never used one.

I too am an anaesthetic tech and I think you might find the 'G' size cylinders are only something ridiculous like 137 bar, oh and welcome to the bbs
    Last edited by gazd2002; 02-08-2005 at 09:58 PM.

Bigmal Guest

Smile 137 bar

Yep 137 bar, right on the dot.

OK Thanx for your replies and I think the 7ltr 300bar cylinder is the way to go.

BigMal

chinstrap Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frogandtoad
    just out of curiosity chinstrap,how many pumps does it take to fill an aa400 ive never used one.
    heard it said one repetition/pump per shot,but personally have never counted.i tend to just top up before every outing and it only takes a couple of minutes.when i said easy,what i mean is you definetley know you,ve done it but its certainly no hardship.it only becomes a pain in the @ss when plinking because of the ease of firing off plenty of shots with out realising..hth

regards shaun

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    The air must be dry, as any moisture can cause damaging rust in the gun.
    Hi,

This is correct. But if you do not treat your gun or charging gear correctly you will get moisture inside the gun cylinder anyway. By this I mean if you take your gun or gear from cold temperatures to hot conditions and also versa you will get condensation water inside the diver tank or the cylinder of the gun. Not many people do think about this fact but it is true and it is there.
    So treat your gear correctly to avoid rusty cylinders. A filled diver tank may or may not give dry air - this certainly depends on the above fact !!!

dead centre Guest
    Welcome Bigmal I hope you enjoy BBS

I think the way forward is a bottle. If you keep your eyes open then you can pick up a good bargain in the forsale section. Remember that buying something helps you and also the person selling

Dead Centre

Thunder Bolt -your talking rubbish -if a bottle is filled with dry air-where on earth can the water(?) come from? - (Diver-30 Odd Years) and still alive! And 'YOU' stop stealing from Health Care- its only £2.50 a fill

I would also suggest you look at the thread with the bottle that failed and put a tiny dink in the divers car.

This failed due to the big rubber "boot" often found on dive bottles. The salt water gets in and corrodes. Some divers dont strip, wash, clean and dry their tanks hence the reason why this went hiss.......phut in a slow release style

Surface use only bottles are different animals and you need to know what your doing if you buy ex dive rated kit for sure.

Anybody want to buy a car ! 2 owners - one of whom was careful - guess which one LOL

When I used to get my Bottles stamped-The guy always took off the Rubber Boot to check the outside of the bottle-Pretty sure thats the law! All the Dive shops I'v used in the past were very strict on saftey. Any Bottles that failed were always cut in half-somtimes caused a bit of hassle when the customer wanted a second opinion-But the guy I used most-Gordon-In Ferryhill would not budge an inch!

chris ballard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyh
    Thunder Bolt -your talking rubbish -if a bottle is filled with dry air-where on earth can the water(?) come from? - (Diver-30 Odd Years) and still alive! And 'YOU' stop stealing from Health Care- its only £2.50 a fill
    Errr, yea. Where does the water condense from if the air was dried properly in the first place??

Unless of course...you have a leak sir

Oh yea, stop nickin of the NHS you bad buggers...I did it once, but I think I got away with it

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyh
    Hi,

Remember that it is air we are talking about and not dry nitrogen like in a scope. If you put your tank through such cold to hot conditions you will in the end get moisture inside the tank - you can not avoid this. The key to this is as mentioned before to regulary empty and clean the tanks and also the cylinder of the gun. If you do this then you can´t do it better than this.

And can and will anybody guarantee that everytime diver tanks are filled with clean and dry air that the air really is clean and dry ? Accidents have happen before and can happen again, hopefully not often, but you never know.