Thread: Do Steyr match pistols come zeroed in for 10m?

Do Steyr match pistols come zeroed in for 10m?

Do Steyr match pistols come zeroed in for 10m or is this something you have to do yourself?

you will always have to do some adjustment on a match pistol due to how you hold it and where on the target you aim but it should be about right and should hit the target somewhere at 10m
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

In my experience, no.

But zeroing to your own eyes is both necessary and enjoyable.

Thank you gents.....mine was all over the place.....how would you recommend zeroing it in, bench rest, bore laser or just by practice shooting it?

shoot a group then estimate where the center of the group is. Now adjust sights to move center of group to x ring. Repeat until happy. Don't adjust the sights on the basis of one or two shots.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    shoot a group then estimate where the center of the group is. Now adjust sights to move center of group to x ring. Repeat until happy. Don't adjust the sights on the basis of one or two shots.
    Shoot a series of 3 or 5 shots at least WITHOUT scoping between shots while maintaining the same sight picture. Try to adjust elevation and windage separately. It's important to shoot a consistent group size and then adjust the sight to move the position of that group on the target.

If you have access to a coach or experienced shooter ask them for help.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal