Thread: Construction of Weihrauch HW110

Construction of Weihrauch HW110

Some of you will have sampled one of these at the recent shooting show. I would be grateful if somebody could advise me if the action is actually manufactured out of good old metal, and if the gun is capable of near enough semi-auto rates of fire via that odd looking side lever?

Thanks,

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

The action is made from a polymer im afraid, not metal. In theory i suppose it will fire almost as fast as you can cycle the sidelever, but i wouldnt recommend going crazy with it as getting a bit carried away could damage the cocking system.
    I had a long chat with the hull cartridge rep about the rifle and it would seem to be weihrauchs answer to competing with the s410 and r10 rifles. I asked him if i already have a hw100, why would i buy this? His answer was "you wouldnt" - which is refreshingly honest. My personal opinion would be save a few more pennies and get a hw100, it is still their flagship model and will be for the foreseeable future, plus they arent that much more expensive.

Thanks for your comments!
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I had until recently the Steyr Hunting 5 Scout (Std version) which is possibly as close to the rate of fire you your looking for but at a cost.
    Also the mag system is not as good as it should be for a hunting rifle, the pellets can come out of an unloaded mag unless you keep it oriented correctly I.E pellets pointing down when carrying or loading.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Quote Originally Posted by mk4Beefy View Post
    I asked him if i already have a hw100, why would i buy this? His answer was "you wouldnt" - which is refreshingly honest.
    Other way around.

In the world of marketing you introduce the cheaper model to both exploit the brand name and to get the first time buyer, you then hope that when they upgrade they stick with your brand, so they are hoping that 110 buyers will move on to a 100.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I'm also interested in this new air rifle largely due to it being "full Ambi" in that the cocking lever can be switched to both left and right hand ! As a southpaw, this and the Ambi stock make it appealing.
    A synthetic stock also has its advantages in poor weather and providing the polymer construction is well made and the gun is accurate, dependable as befitting a Weihrauch, I would go for it as an all weather hunter !

Should add that the "Piccy Rail" should offer a great range of NV attatchments as well as optical !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 19-02-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

I see this as a good all weather hunting tool.

When it's about the hunting not the rifle and you just want it to work.

Which is what I will by it for.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Just noticed the safety lever is available on both sides of the action !
    “An airgun or two”………