Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: custom stocks Sheffield

custom stocks Sheffield

On my way south I phoned custom stocks on the off chance that they may have had something for my hw95 hanging around.....just so happened he had one, a sporter with rosewood cap that because of a few knots ...deemed not up to scratch. Well I was four miles away and dropped by for a look .Beautiful piece of American walnut with a few knots that provided real character to what is a natural product and forty two pounds cheaper than the norm.
    The owner dealt with me and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.
    Fantastic people,great service and a lovely product,thank you sir .Now my sfs 95 has a frock that really shows her off.He did point out that due to the demise of Theoben and the assimilation of Brocock ...times are much harder.Be a shame to lose custom stock.Also discussed the fuss over the 99s to which he admitted that he reacted to customer demand....but only about ten actual orders so far .Appears he did as we asked but most owners calling for him to produce haven't actually put their money where their mouth is .
    Anyway....great folk and couldn't have been more helpful.Thank you custom stocks of Sheffield.

Photo? Please!

As above mate, pictures please.

Chris

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Interesting OP !
    Being local, I know them quite well and have had a fair number of their stocks over the years. I'm pretty sure I know who you delt with and he's a "top guy" !

Sad to hear of their "99 experiance" and hope it dosen't have a detrimental effect.
    A few years ago, they were considering selling the business as a going concern. I'm uncertain of their current position today.

It would be extremely sad if Custom Stock were ever to, lets say "be no more" !

A good company continually fullfilling our air gunning needs, long may it continue !
    “An airgun or two”………

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    The stocks on the new Impact rammers still have that Custom stocks look about them, I'm not saying they are or are not making them for Impact but they sure look like the stocks of old Theoben.

I had a really helpful and nice chat on the phone with one of the staff once, the only thing that annoys me with CS is if you ask them about stocks that you've seen on older springers in the past they deny ever making them for that rifle, whether it's cost effective for them to make one or two stocks for rifles not on their list, I don't know but if they do have the inlet patterns for makes like BSA's then may be it would help them if they started offering a wider fitment range (one thing you couldn't run GINB down for) or even offer a copy service to either duplicate older stocks for rifles not in production anymore (imagine being able to get a original shaped stock that was only ever made in Beech but getting it in Walnut) or have a bespoke service to fit the customers action into their current range, I'm not running them down as I think their stocks are excellent but like already said, I wouldn't want them to go under, offering other services would add another string to their bow and may be help keep them stay afloat, I just wish I had the money and the business sense a few years ago when they first came up for sale, as I would have loved to have bought them.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 05-02-2016 at 10:23 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The stocks on the new Impact rammers still have that Custom stocks look about them, I'm not saying they are or are not making them for Impact but they sure look like the stocks of old Theoben.

Pete
    I'd say you're probably right, the business connection is already there isn't it !
    “An airgun or two”………

I will take some pics when I eventually get home...couldn't help feeling that ...quote" things are not what they were" ...seems as though minnelli have have a very detrimental impact.....I think that unless things pick up he won't be around in the future.Now that would be a huge loss to us I'm sure.Such a nice guy who kept illiterating " any problems,just call" .I felt assured.

Be a bloody shame as I don't think that minnelli would answer our calls in the future.

I'm about to give them a call as I want a left handed Walnut stock for an Air Arms Pro Sport !

I know the cost will "blister me" by the time I've bought the gun but I have every confidence they will deliver and I know its the only way I'm ever going to get my hands on a Southpaw P'sport !

I will of course be able to offset some of the outlay by selling a nice brand new R/H "beech" Prosport stock on here !
    “An airgun or two”………

"Custom Stocks" Luv um' to bits, like.

Thats a pretty bit o kit you illustrate there Phil !

What "glass" is that please, looks real cool !
    “An airgun or two”………

Ah, that'll be me Zieler Gold 8-32x44 - finicky, fussy, pain in the ass, target scope John.

Well it looks well suited "riding that Vy-Rarrk" Phillip !

Has that one been down to the Hollow ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Thanks mate.

Yeah, last time at the range I was trying to sell it, but I fear I was being far too honest!

(The scope that is. Not the stock!).

Missed you the last time. I think you were late due to some "hold-up" along the way ?

But I hope to see you in April !

The stock is a real Beaut by the way !
    “An airgun or two”………