Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: custom stocks Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by fatiboyjoe View Post
    I am one of the happy few with one of their stocks on my hw99 sandwell imp. Its the cs700 with rosewood cap and adjustable butt pad.. It may cost as much as a standard 99 but i love it.
    It was a much appreciated christmas present from my wife.
    So who else bought one?
    I bought a CS500 for my .22 99 after reading that CS were making them due to listening to their customers and received exactly the same, excellent service as has originally been described.
    So I bought a CS700 for my .177 99 off the back of that.
    Really nice blokes to deal with.

It really is a shame however - and actually quite embarrassing, that only a few shooters have purchased these stocks after all the fuss they generated about them.
    Thats probably the reason why CS aren't too quick to entertain too many 'new ideas'. Clearly most of them come from tyre kickers.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    If I've ever wanted to visit to discuss a stock, I've always phoned them a day or two before out of courtesy and they have always been obliging and never refused me yet !

Should be more like 'em !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Thanks Rooti-Backer

I have put a kinda muzzle weight / sleeve on it but it does not come all the way to the breech block. Its shown on the second photo, just needs bluing to complete.
    Oh, that looks great. I confess I only clicked your first pic, and scrolled through a few from there, so I missed this one. The wood looks spanking If I had a '99 I'd want one just like that. Maybe I'd ask if they'd do an adjustable cheek piece on it.

And an inch shorter in the butt than standard for me. I know they are happy to do that.

Oh, and your flared muzzle weight will look ace when it's blued. And I guess you have room for a sling stud on the barrel if you want. ... Very very nice...
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 08-02-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Second Oh,

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Oh, that looks great. I confess I only clicked your first pic, and scrolled through a few from there, so I missed this one. The wood looks spanking If I had a '99 I'd want one just like that. Maybe I'd ask if they'd do an adjustable cheek piece on it.

And an inch shorter in the butt than standard for me. I know they are happy to do that.

Oh, and your flared muzzle weight will look ace when it's blued. And I guess you have room for a sling stud on the barrel if you want. ... Very very nice...
    Yes was well chuffed with the wood, though I did pay for the upgrade which helped. The chap at CS said they would only supply it with upgraded wood if they had a piece they deemed suitable, but I was happy to wait till they had anyhow. As it turned out the stock arrived only a couple of weeks later, so well pleased with CS, we are lucky to have them really.
    Will be sending the muzzle weight / silencer for blueing soon along with my recently resurrected '35 Luxus.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Nice stock that,hope to get one for my 99 as well to match my 95 & 80.
    Hope you put some pics up of the 99 & 35 when their done.

Had a CS800 skeleton for my 77 delivered only a few weeks back. I'm well chuffed and would urge anyone thinking of a new stock at reasonable prices to look no further.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Wow, that's a beauty Max.

Going to get a barrel sleeve on it? I think that would look even better.
    What like this

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...0thumbhole.jpg

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...mbhole%201.jpg

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...mbhole%202.jpg

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 10-02-2016 at 05:23 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    If you don`t mind me asking, where did you get the barrel sleeve ?
    Superb looking rifle, it`s got me thinking

Regards Gordon..
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    They used to a few years ago, shame they still don't as that would be another British made item to go on British made rifles (now all they have to do is find a decent British barrel maker)

Pete
    A long time ago Pete, my 1999 TX200 has an Italian walnut stock on it made by Minelli I believe? My 2000 S310 thumbhole walnut however, has a CS stock on it. I also had a Daystate around 1999 which has a CS stock. Like you say shame they don't now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I just wish the pistol grip checkering was the normal size, it looks really weird to me. I might ask them sometime if the size can be changed as I would like a left handed walnut or black laminated stock for my HW97.
    They can't, I asked and it would alter the pitch of the chequering, I agree it does look a bit thin. If it's really a problem the skip check panels and stippling are larger.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Aye, that's lush that is Pete.

Do you chaps feel the need for a set-back trigger blade with the CS500s and CS700s?

I totally didn't need one with the CS1000, as the upright grip is actually very slim.

I did with mine, Phil - just takes that little bit of 'reach' out

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL44.../411970500.jpg

Still in two minds as to whether to chequer it or not.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    If you don`t mind me asking, where did you get the barrel sleeve ?
    Superb looking rifle, it`s got me thinking

Regards Gordon..
    I got it from a member on here who no longer comes on, he dealt with V-mach, the shroud just slips over the barrel and loctites on, the end screws off and the baffles can be removed for cleaning, apparently they have been designed to fit the screwcut K barrels, they are not cheap as I think it was about £100 I paid for it, it looks perfect and you don't have a massive silencer hanging off the end.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Do you chaps feel the need for a set-back trigger blade with the CS500s and CS700s?

I totally didn't need one with the CS1000, as the upright grip is actually very slim.
    I fitted a Rowan one to my HW80 with a CS500 stock I have large hands and it feels better.

I have big mitts but prefer the std blade though the one on my '80 is a set back Rowan, it came on the gun. Doesn't bother me enough to change it though.

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer