Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which springer to go for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Three replies but all suggest Weirhauch so that narrows my search down to one manufacturer!
    Thanks so far keep suggestions coming!

Wish we could say that those bsa lightnings are pretty, compact ,pointable ,smooth and accurate....but sadly not the case.Ive a 95 and it's superb ....99s is lovely too.Both weirhauch

Quote Originally Posted by andybrock View Post
    Three replies but all suggest Weirhauch so that narrows my search down to one manufacturer!
    Walther Terruus with synthetic stock.
    Smooth out the box ( unlike others ) but even better with a Tinbum top hat in it.

Walther

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Walther Terruus with synthetic stock.
    Smooth out the box ( unlike others ) but even better with a Tinbum top hat in it.

Had mine tuned by Tinbum, shoots nicely as good as HW99s Ive had (tuned also) . The stock is ugly but palm swell is perfect and it shoots really nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Ninapuppy View Post
    Had mine tuned by Tinbum, shoots nicely as good as HW99s Ive had (tuned also) . The stock is ugly but palm swell is perfect and it shoots really nicely
    Have to agree, it's not as short or as good looking as a 99 , but I can't fault it's accuracy or the way it shoots.
    It was good before, but at the price of Tinbums kit I thought there was nothing to lose.
    It's now even smoother.

And I'd have to reinforce the Weihrauch recommendations.

For the intended use, I'd go break barrel and say any of the 99, 95 or 80.....whichever suits you best handling and weight wise.

And come along to The Boinger Bash!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks chaps, any thoughts on the HW97? Quite fancy an under lever, reminds me of an old airsporter I used to have.

97s are lovely.

As long as you are comfortable with the weight for your intended use, go ahead. Lovely, solid, reliable, accurate and forgiving. Lots of tuning knowledge and parts to tap into if you fancy it in the future, too.

Slightly more fiddly for quick re-loads, as compared to a break barrel, but you'll get used to it - obviously easier in .22.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks chaps, any thoughts on the HW97? Quite fancy an under lever, reminds me of an old airsporter I used to have.
    The Airsporter is where it all began with grown up rifles, no other can compare, the Prosports are nice but so heavy and complicated, there is more enjoyment to shooting an Airsporter and the refined simplicity over the newer under lever offerings.

The HW 97 is nice but personally prefer the TX200HC. If you can find one the B40 is excellent but like hens teeth, love using mine!! For me though there is only one, HW80... Mine B&C full monty tuned and smooth everything I have is .22
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

only one springer a 99 ask rabbitwrecker and many others get one and cheap but a proper weirach

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    only one springer a 99 ask rabbitwrecker
    I had mentioned it - they really are that good...

If you like the 97, you should also look at the Air Arms TX200 and Pro Sport. Made in England as well.

I put a few shots through my Diana 31 compact with v mach kit (inc seal) after thinking about this thread -

It's a rifle I don't shoot much and think of selling, but crikey, smooth as silk, the TO-6 trigger is superb. Every time I pick it up and shoot it I grin, and remember why I have it -

For the money, still the, or one of the best break barrels. Simpler to strip than a 95, usually more pellet selective, better (proper) shims factory standard, trigger a tad off a Rekord, but I really like it, cheaper than a 95 ...
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I put a few shots through my Diana 31 compact with v mach kit (inc seal) after thinking about this thread -

It's a rifle I don't shoot much and think of selling, but crikey, smooth as silk, the TO-6 trigger is superb. Every time I pick it up and shoot it I grin, and remember why I have it -

For the money, still the, or one of the best break barrels. Simpler to strip than a 95, usually more pellet selective, better (proper) shims factory standard, trigger a tad off a Rekord, but I really like it, cheaper than a 95 ...
    I would like someone to dismantle a 31/34 and a 95 and compare each part with each other for design
    I can't think of one part of a 95 that is CLEARLY better than a 31/34 but I can think of a fair few parts of the 31/34 that are clearly better than the 95 and that is a genuine challenge to anyone