Thread: Which springer to go for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Captain Guest
    95 or 99 or if you don't mind a little more weight an 80. All great quality air rifles, built to last and reliable. I just picked up a 95 and it's a keeper.

andybrock,

For me an Air Arms TX200 every time

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

I recently recommended an HW99 to a friend. I shot it and I was very impressed. So light, full power and deadly accurate even in standard form.

I do like underlevers like the hw97 hw77 or tx200 but the weight ruins the enjoyment unless you are stationary target shooting. I gave the HW57 a go it feels like a lightweight HW77k perfectly weighted.

So my recommendation would be Weihrauch: break barrel HW 99s or underlever HW57

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    andybrock,

For me an Air Arms TX200 every time
    What he said. The AA TX200 is the best 'out of the box' air-rifle made and possibly the most accurate on average. If you want a break-barrel then TonyL's recommendation of a modern HW35 is the one to go for.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 07-02-2016 at 11:24 PM.

Hw99 or hw95 both very good

HW99s - accurate, easy to shoot well, a joy to carry, simply lovely straight from the box...

Your all wrong chaps get the daddy an older 77 in .22 with the 25mm internals
    A few nice rifles

Air arms pro sport in .22 with venom internals accurate and smooth as a PCP
    Just be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind!

My own favourites of many owned across the years:- AA TX200 or Hunter Carbine; HW97KT Blackline (synthetic thumbhole - cheaper & lighter weight than beech stock); Walther Terrus (synth stock).

All superb rifles, the Walther a markedly cheaper, lighter weight break barrel which like the TX200, shoots more smoothly from new. The twangy 97KT is quickly improved by stripping & re-greasing, although not as easy to take apart as the TX (neither are difficult).

Weasle,para and even a PCPShooter seem to agree with my sig. And Tony of course

80 all the way!
    Last edited by Charlie123; 07-02-2016 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Forgot TonyL
    Ford Rifle Range - The Monaco GP of HFT

If you want a break-barrel then I'd say go for a Weihrauch HW80 but if you fancy a fixed barrelled rifle then i'd always recommend a Weihrauch HW77K or HW97K.
    All these rifles I have mentioned are fantastic quality guns that are extremely accurate and built to last!
    ATB in whatever you chose 👍🏻
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.