Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which springer to go for?

andybrock,

For me an Air Arms TX200 every time

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

I recently recommended an HW99 to a friend. I shot it and I was very impressed. So light, full power and deadly accurate even in standard form.

I do like underlevers like the hw97 hw77 or tx200 but the weight ruins the enjoyment unless you are stationary target shooting. I gave the HW57 a go it feels like a lightweight HW77k perfectly weighted.

So my recommendation would be Weihrauch: break barrel HW 99s or underlever HW57

HW99s - accurate, easy to shoot well, a joy to carry, simply lovely straight from the box...

Your all wrong chaps get the daddy an older 77 in .22 with the 25mm internals
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by andybrock View Post
    Three replies but all suggest Weirhauch so that narrows my search down to one manufacturer!
    Thanks so far keep suggestions coming!
    And I'd have to reinforce the Weihrauch recommendations.

For the intended use, I'd go break barrel and say any of the 99, 95 or 80.....whichever suits you best handling and weight wise.

And come along to The Boinger Bash!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks chaps, any thoughts on the HW97? Quite fancy an under lever, reminds me of an old airsporter I used to have.

97s are lovely.

As long as you are comfortable with the weight for your intended use, go ahead. Lovely, solid, reliable, accurate and forgiving. Lots of tuning knowledge and parts to tap into if you fancy it in the future, too.

Slightly more fiddly for quick re-loads, as compared to a break barrel, but you'll get used to it - obviously easier in .22.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks chaps, any thoughts on the HW97? Quite fancy an under lever, reminds me of an old airsporter I used to have.
    The Airsporter is where it all began with grown up rifles, no other can compare, the Prosports are nice but so heavy and complicated, there is more enjoyment to shooting an Airsporter and the refined simplicity over the newer under lever offerings.

The HW 97 is nice but personally prefer the TX200HC. If you can find one the B40 is excellent but like hens teeth, love using mine!! For me though there is only one, HW80... Mine B&C full monty tuned and smooth everything I have is .22
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

only one springer a 99 ask rabbitwrecker and many others get one and cheap but a proper weirach

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    only one springer a 99 ask rabbitwrecker
    I had mentioned it - they really are that good...

Air arms pro sport in .22 with venom internals accurate and smooth as a PCP
    Just be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind!

My own favourites of many owned across the years:- AA TX200 or Hunter Carbine; HW97KT Blackline (synthetic thumbhole - cheaper & lighter weight than beech stock); Walther Terrus (synth stock).

All superb rifles, the Walther a markedly cheaper, lighter weight break barrel which like the TX200, shoots more smoothly from new. The twangy 97KT is quickly improved by stripping & re-greasing, although not as easy to take apart as the TX (neither are difficult).

Weasle,para and even a PCPShooter seem to agree with my sig. And Tony of course

80 all the way!
    Last edited by Charlie123; 07-02-2016 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Forgot TonyL
    Ford Rifle Range - The Monaco GP of HFT

If you like the 97, you should also look at the Air Arms TX200 and Pro Sport. Made in England as well.