Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which springer to go for?

Which springer to go for?

I want to get a non PCP air rifle that I can use for work (pest control) one that can be a grab and go rifle so I don't have to worry if it's charged etc. Just wondering what to go for really as its 20 years since I used a springer / gas ram type air gun.
    Accuracy and consistency would be vital and probably in.22.....any recommendations?

A hw99 in .22 is excellent

A hw95 comes with silencer and screwcut barral unlike the hw99 also a lot lighter to carry than a hw80 all come with a superb Ricard trigger..possibly the best trigger ever

Do not touch a BSA compared to the German stuff they are rubbish so any gun with hw in the name

An HW 80 - in what ever flavour you choose - with a Vmach reduced cylinder conversion by Mr Pope.
    Built to last - never let you down - consistent and beautiful to shoot.

Cheers

Steve

Three replies, three different suggestions good luck on choosing andybrock

HW95k in .22 would be my choice, although I have been toying with the idea of getting a .20 lately !...

Three replies but all suggest Weirhauch so that narrows my search down to one manufacturer!
    Thanks so far keep suggestions coming!

Wish we could say that those bsa lightnings are pretty, compact ,pointable ,smooth and accurate....but sadly not the case.Ive a 95 and it's superb ....99s is lovely too.Both weirhauch

99,s shoot better than 95,s I've had at least 4 95,s,sold them all 2 in .177 and 2 in .22. Why do I still want another 95 though ? I really really want to like them, but in truth I find my 99 so much nicer to shoot and ssssooooo much easier to be accurate with

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    99,s shoot better than 95,s I've had at least 4 95,s,sold them all 2 in .177 and 2 in .22. Why do I still want another 95 though ? I really really want to like them, but in truth I find my 99 so much nicer to shoot and ssssooooo much easier to be accurate with
    Yeah gotta say I had to do a fair bit o tinkering to get my 95 to shoot well but then it was a .177 so I don't know if the .22 is any better !... 👍

Quote Originally Posted by andybrock View Post
    I want to get a non PCP air rifle that I can use for work (pest control) one that can be a grab and go rifle so I don't have to worry if it's charged etc. Just wondering what to go for really as its 20 years since I used a springer / gas ram type air gun.
    Accuracy and consistency would be vital and probably in.22.....any recommendations?
    HW80K / KS .20 cal from what you've said, the workhorse in the best 'all round' calibre
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by andybrock View Post
    Three replies but all suggest Weirhauch so that narrows my search down to one manufacturer!
    Thanks so far keep suggestions coming!
    Walther Terruus with synthetic stock.
    Smooth out the box ( unlike others ) but even better with a Tinbum top hat in it.

HW80 .20 or .22 with either vmach or SFS stage 1 perfect for what you want 👍
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Got a sfs.177 tuned 95 for £200 from sfs. Chap only had it a week ,old boy and wanted a pcp all along.Anyway ,it's smoother and nicer than my .22 99s which is smoother than a prom queens thighs ,only not so risky....never thought I'd say that to be honest .

Silver Captain Guest
    95 or 99 or if you don't mind a little more weight an 80. All great quality air rifles, built to last and reliable. I just picked up a 95 and it's a keeper.