Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Rifle safe

Alex.B. is offline Instant Idiot. Just add alcohol.
    Just lay mine on the spare bed , if you wanna come through my dog you're welcome to them .....
    Give a dog a home ! Take a rescue dog home, go on you know you want to

Hahaha...
    Where's the 'like' button?
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    A general rule of thumb with safes is to take the number of guns you have, add two and then double it. Otherwise you'll be crowded and getting the one you want will be tricky.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It all depends on the scopes, if you have wide side-wheel scopes, like me, then a 6 gun safe will easily take 4 rifles with 10mm or so clearance between them once you have made up a new barrel divider, as it happens I've just put my 6 gun in sales having bought an 8 rifle safe to take another rifle & wide scope.
    I am in Manchester driving a little polo, otherwise I'd take it off your hands. The rifles are scoped differently. Sidewinders, Panoramas and a rather large Nikko 6x24X56.

Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Martynt View Post
    Hi

I have a Brattonsound. Sorry but I cannot see a model number on it.
    The dimensions are: 405 w x 345D x 1305 H.
    It has seven rifle slots and comfortably holds my five scoped rifles some of which have 4" side wheels.
    Also has space above moderators for a valuables shelf which I fitted.
    Think that is the Rd7+ Xtra deep that I am looking at. A bit pricy though.

A.G

You don't need an expensive gun safe. A wardrobe with a hasp and padlock can store over a dozen plus all your shooting kit. If you don't have children in your house then there is no requirement for secure storage.

If you top and tail the guns for example barrel up, barrel down you will find it easier to get 4 in a 4 gun safe. I had 4 guns which became 5 so another safe was bought second hand. Now I have a 4 and a 6 and the collection has gone up to 6. Don't tell the wife about it though because I have plenty of room left.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    You should know better. None can be sent by mail.

A.G
    Was worth a try
    nil satis nisi optimum

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    A small built in wardrobe, I just put a decent integrated bolt lock into the door for security and it holds loads of stuff.

James
    Just the job and all that's required in UK law for sub 12ft/lb air rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard1
    If you don't have children in your house then there is no requirement for secure storage.
    And the moral of the story ? Don't have kids !

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    You don't need an expensive gun safe. A wardrobe with a hasp and padlock can store over a dozen plus all your shooting kit. If you don't have children in your house then there is no requirement for secure storage.
    True enough.....but hardly burglar proof.

4 reasonable quality rifles = £2500+, So paying £250(ish) or 10% of that for a decent safe seems like a "no brainer" to me.

Your property, your choice.
    Last edited by angrybear; 07-02-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Think that is the Rd7+ Xtra deep that I am looking at. A bit pricy though.

A.G
    Nice bit of kit though.

At the end of the day it is peace of mind.

I have a childs wardrobe from Ikea for my airguns. The back is reinforced and secured to the wall and there is a padlock on the front. I'm not entirely finished yet but eventually the rifles will be anchored to the wall by a cable running through the trigger guards but it's location and front pad lock are enough to satisfy myself that I have taken reasonable precautions. The rifles are effectively anchored to the fabric of the house, the wardrobe is just built around them to keep the dust off and keep it tidy.

All of the guns are secured with toolflex tool holders which are strong enough to keep the rifles secured against the back of the cabinet and also strong enough to hold the pistols on the cabinet walls and doors.

Currently I have 5 rifles in the rack (4 with big scopes) with room for another one left over (If I move things around a little). There's also a 7 litre fill bottle in there (which can be used to fill the stored rifles without removing them), 17 pistols, 16 tins of pellets and an old DVD rack re-purposed as a set of small shelves (for magazines, oil, cleaning products, CO2 etc).

It works for me, doesn't look out of place and was reasonably cheap.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

As our kids are now old enough to have their own guns, it's an old wardrobe - one of the real wood ones (gentlemans, as it has small shelves for hats & gloves that can take other stuff like pellets & pistols) that have an integral lock on the door - plus, of course it's an attractive bit of antique furniture