Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley scott junior

webley scott junior

hi to all new to site hoping for help,i have a Webley scott junior its a smooth bore,i wondered what the 4 stood for after Birmingham also has 549 on end is this a serial number,can it be dated and last I think there should be a washer under the rear sight were the barrel closes where could I get one

The 4 is part of a postcode from the factory used by Webley pre 1959. So your gun is older than that.

The 549 is a batch number. There's a long thread in this section about them and whether they tell you anything useful.

Not sure which bit you need. Breach seal? Try Knibbs or chambers. Or on here. Chambers has a nice diagram of a mk 2 junior which should help you identify it.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the BBS. The 4 is the post code for Webley's Birmingham factory, when it was located in Weaman Street and was used between 1946 and 1958. Unfortunately there is no way of dating the pistol from the number, which is a batch rather than serial number. A replacement washer may be available from John Knibbs International/The Countrystore or you could try making a replacement yourself, which would be cheaper.

Regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    the 4 is part of a postcode from the factory used by webley pre 1959. So your gun is older than that.

The 549 is a batch number. There's a long thread in this section about them and whether they tell you anything useful.

Not sure which bit you need. Breach seal? Try knibbs or chambers. Or on here. Chambers has a nice diagram of a mk 2 junior which should help you identify it.
    thahnk you

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to the BBS. The 4 is the post code for Webley's Birmingham factory, when it was located in Weaman Street and was used between 1946 and 1958. Unfortunately there is no way of dating the pistol from the number, which is a batch rather than serial number. A replacement washer may be available from John Knibbs International/The Countrystore or you could try making a replacement yourself, which would be cheaper.

Regards,

John
    is it worth anything as I'm looking for something newer may be swap, as daughter has taken intrest in target practise

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Paul,

Regards,

John
    does this make it a mk1 or mk2 as I could add to your list of batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The 4 is part of a postcode from the factory used by Webley pre 1959. So your gun is older than that.

Not sure which bit you need. Breach seal? Try Knibbs or chambers. Or on here. Chambers has a nice diagram of a mk 2 junior which should help you identify it.
    hi how do find it,i take it mines a mk2

I use the rubber hose off an old foot pump to make the breach seals.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

hi what sort of size does it need to be,also any idea of value

hi thanks to all for help,am I correct in thinking this is a mk2,

Quote Originally Posted by paulwhite View Post
    hi thanks to all for help,am I correct in thinking this is a mk2,
    Hello Paul,

Juniors were first produced before the war and these are usually the most sought after by collectors. Production of the basically similar model continued after the war right up to around 1976 when the Mk2 appeared. The Mk2 differed mainly in the use of an alloy rather than a steel frame and also had an epoxy finish rather than the traditional blue finish used on the earlier pistols

You will need to post some pictures to obtain a reasonably accurate estimation of the pistols value, but a ballpark figure would be £40-£60 depending on condition.

Regards

Brian

hi don't think I'm allowed accsess to add pics yet due to new to site

As said above, just buy a foot of fuel pipe or silicone tubing in the same ID/OD from for seals. A fraction of the cost of single so called genuine seals and you get dozens out of one short piece.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

I don't have the old one to gauge size

Hello Paul,

The breech seal you require is advertised at the bottom right of the page below.

JUNIOR

W1p - Breech seal £4.80

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/webl...ols-parts.html

Should you decide to place an order, make sure you specify that the breech seal is for a "B4" Junior pistol and not a Mk2.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 07-02-2016 at 12:02 PM.