Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compatto or Wildcat?

Compatto or Wildcat?

So - which would you pick (or which have you picked?)and why?
    Both seem to have their positives - for the compatto not least that it's £300 cheaper, which is a fair bit.
    I have no experience of either company - how are they for reliability / after care etc?
    I've just watched the vermin hunters review of the compatto, but other than that reviews are a bit thin on the ground.
    What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by groundhog1; 10-01-2016 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Because my maths sucks sometimes

I bought a Scorpian SE, tried and tested design ..
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Wildcat has a regulator & around 3 times the shot count, also looks better in my opinion.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

More like £300 cheaper from what I've seen? £589 vs £889

I watched the latest vermin hunters vid last night and the accuracy of the compatto is amazing.

It's a tough one though as I get a bit ocd about the whole regulated thing (probably unnecessarily) but the idea of having a 'sweet spot' to keep an eye on on a non regulated gun, don't like that.

The shot count and the regulator would swing it to the Wildcat for me. I also prefer the look and finish of the wildcat.

I would say fit a regulator to the compatto but by the time you've paid someone (unless you can) it'll be adding up and the stock isn't as nice.

Why on earth manufacturers don't fit regulators is beyond me.

Money talks.
    So I favour the Brocock

I have two older FX s
    Two L words- lovely and leaks!

Different

To be fair they are very different rifles to each other. One is a very slim and lightweight weapon, with no frills or unnecessary extras; the other is a more compact, but heavier beast, with more complications in the air tube/action. Both will fling a piece of lead down a range, but only one (so far) has received a range of bad press, needing returns for additional fiddling from the manufacturer, but this may be due to the comparative numbers of rifles sold, still early days, especially for the Compatto.

I like them both, and would like one of each, but sadly I can only afford one - choices, choices!

A mate of mine has just purchased a Wildcat ,not impressed at all, groups like a shotgun !

Buy an edgun matador r3m, better than both of them togeher

I have the Compatto. It's got some daystate touches like the slingshot hammer, and barrel shroud.

In use, the trigger is excellent. very quiet without a silencer (i don't think it actually needs one). Uber quiet with a silencer fitted, all you can hear is the ping of the hammer. Not too heavy either.
    The power selector is going to come in handy for hunters that need to reduce power for fear of damaging farm buildings etc from over penetration or missed shots. It's compactness would make it a good ratting gun, and a great all-rounder.

Worth the money
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    I have the Compatto. It's got some daystate touches like the slingshot hammer, and barrel shroud.

In use, the trigger is excellent. very quiet without a silencer (i don't think it actually needs one). Uber quiet with a silencer fitted, all you can hear is the ping of the hammer. Not too heavy either.
    The power selector is going to come in handy for hunters that need to reduce power for fear of damaging farm buildings etc from over penetration or missed shots. It's compactness would make it a good ratting gun, and a great all-rounder.

Worth the money
    How are you finding the accuracy/grouping in .177? Most of the info is on the .22, with Si Pittaway having some excellent results at 70-odd yards. I personally fancy it in .177, and might be prepared to sell more of my collection to get one as my only pcp, but I'm wavering between this and the Wildcat!

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    How are you finding the accuracy/grouping in .177? Most of the info is on the .22, with Si Pittaway having some excellent results at 70-odd yards. I personally fancy it in .177, and might be prepared to sell more of my collection to get one as my only pcp, but I'm wavering between this and the Wildcat!
    I'll post a pic later of my card i shot on Sunday, managed 10 shots in under a 5p coin. I still need to do some pellet testing to come up with a good pellet, but H&N FTT's seemed to be the best so far. I only tested to 30m as it was cold as hell when I shot. I couldn't be bothered to do 50m as there was so much wobble from me shivering, i thought it would be pointless until i'm able to do it justice.
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post

For some reason I had it in my head Si's one was .177?

I'm off for a look...

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    For some reason I had it in my head Si's one was .177?

I'm off for a look...
    You are probably right - Dave's was the .22, which is the one they are going to raffle, yes?

Cannot recall which was shot to 70 yards though.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Wildcat has a regulator & around 3 times the shot count, also looks better in my opinion.

John
    That's why I bought a Wildcat.

mine shoots ok not as accurate as some people get but I think that maybe me and the wind.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    That's why I bought a Wildcat.

mine shoots ok not as accurate as some people get but I think that maybe me and the wind.
    Well no bringing your wind to the club tonight, thanks, it's bad enough as it is!