View Poll Results: Hw 100 ... grease

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who takes the grease out of the trigger ....

10 71.43%
  • Who does not bother and leaves it in ....

4 28.57%

Thread: HW .... grease ....

HW .... grease ....

I know it's been asked before many times but here goes.

I had a plinking session about two weeks ago on a mild sunny winter afternoon and the grouping
    was very good four mags of pellets at 40 mtrs in a very light wind. The grease my guess would
    off been quite viscose.

This morning same venue very cold morning I fired around 300 pellets and struggled to give a full
    mag grouping !!! this was on the two occasions using JSB 4.53, I even tried a sample tin of express
    they gave three pellets in the same hole then the group opened up.

I've started a poll on the grease, who ever votes can they say how good it was before and after please.
    I'm toying with the idea of taking mine out again ...

I take it you are referring to the hammer spring grease on a HW100 rather than the actual trigger unit?

The grease affects the hammer travel speed which reduces velocity in colder conditions, this should lead to a POI change rather than a change in the group size.
    It's always a good idea to clean this off and run a dry lube like GT85.

If it's on the trigger unit then it should make zero difference to you grouping unless the trigger has poor mating faces and requires lube, never seen this on a HW100 though, and I have serviced well over a fifty.

Have you checked-

Barrel cleaned or does it need cleaning.

Were the conditions actually the same, it only takes small wind eddy's along the flight path to change a group and quite often what you think is similar conditions can be very different.

Is it the same batch of pellets, check the numbers.

Could be you having an off day

I leave it as it is because, to be honest, I don't know how to take it apart or, what to do with it when it is apart. I'm too worried that I'll royally f' up an expensive rifle. For now, I'm happy with it as it is.

I really must watch some of those YouTube tutorials.

All of the above.