Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Weihrauch Recently Made the HW95K Better?

Have Weihrauch Recently Made the HW95K Better?

I'm probably not alone with this one pretty sure there's another chap on here who has a love hate relationship with the 95

Ok over the last 10 years or so I must of owned a dozen HW95 models the old type pre K and K versions the last one I owned was a Luxus 95k about 2 years back.

Lovely looking gun but I didn't gel with it......read that as I didn't gel with any of them

Hence why I no longer own them

I even had a SFS tooooned version felt that wasn't any good either....

Ok stay with me on this one......few weeks back a chap down my club has a new 95k Luxus he bought late last year and it's lovely I actually like shooting it, very accurate with no twang or vibration and the owner assures me it's never been opened up and is exactly how he bought it from the shop.

Now either he is very lucky and has got a Midweek gun or my past dozen or so offerings have all been Friday lemons

Which brings me on to my thread title has hans put a little more effort into the latest 95's or am I in cuckoo land....again

HW need to pull their finger out as Remington have knocked out a rifle at half price with a properly fitted guide and finished spring, so maybe so ....

HW and Diana did take the piss for a long time, perhaps they got the message at last -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Most recent they changed the breech and the cocking shoe.

But like any air rifle sometimes you get good fitting internals some times you don't!!

I suppose this come with anything that's mass produced!
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    HW need to pull their finger out as Remington have knocked out a rifle at half price with a properly fitted guide and finished spring, so maybe so ....

HW and Diana did take the piss for a long time, perhaps they got the message at last -
    I know exactly what you mean, you don't expect to pay £300+ on a rifle from what is supposed to be one of the best spring gun manufacturers in the market and then have to pull it apart and toon it just to get it to shoot rite let alone well !...

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I'm probably not alone with this one pretty sure there's another chap on here who has a love hate relationship with the 95

Ok over the last 10 years or so I must of owned a dozen HW95 models the old type pre K and K versions the last one I owned was a Luxus 95k about 2 years back.

Lovely looking gun but I didn't gel with it......read that as I didn't gel with any of them

Hence why I no longer own them

I even had a SFS tooooned version felt that wasn't any good either....

Ok stay with me on this one......few weeks back a chap down my club has a new 95k Luxus he bought late last year and it's lovely I actually like shooting it, very accurate with no twang or vibration and the owner assures me it's never been opened up and is exactly how he bought it from the shop.

Now either he is very lucky and has got a Midweek gun or my past dozen or so offerings have all been Friday lemons

Which brings me on to my thread title has hans put a little more effort into the latest 95's or am I in cuckoo land....again
    no i dont think thay have , it just your mate has a good one straight out of the box [if it say`s like that] i mentioned this in a recent thread about hw99s, when shooters say thay all have a cracker straight out of the box ,there few and far bet ween only seen 2 out of the last 15+ hw`s . to be far it not only hw in this situation ,hw are still a top brand useing all the best conponants it just that all springer`s take a bit of TLC to get tham shooting right
    atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

Nothing wrong with my 95k straight out of the box , the only thing i did was to put a heavier mod on

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    All HW's are designed to be used with specific springs. For example, the 95 spring has a different wire gauge, ID and OD to the HW99 one. It is becoming apparent that a bunch of UK HW's are being fitted with the same spring, just cut to a different length. I don't think Weihrauch themselves are the problem.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    All HW's are designed to be used with specific springs. For example, the 95 spring has a different wire gauge, ID and OD to the HW99 one. It is becoming apparent that a bunch of UK HW's are being fitted with the same spring, just cut to a different length. I don't think Weihrauch themselves are the problem.

I believe this could 100% be the issue.

Totally plausible.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    So who is the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    So who is the problem ?
    Hull Cartridge?

Chris

So are Hull opening up every import and changing the spring to a supposedly UK spec version?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Hull Cartridge?

Chris
    so does that mean that the rifle come from germany disasembled then hull cartridge rebuild them with the wrong spring or hull cartridge strip an asembled rifle down and fit the wrong spring ? NO WONDER THERE NOT INTRESTED IN THEM
    atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

I don't know, it was a question.

Chris

I would show my bum in Burtons shop window if Hull cartridge opened up every gun and changed the spring!! I think they will just order 16J uk spec. guns straight from HW.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I would show my bum in Burtons shop window if Hull cartridge opened up every gun and changed the spring!! I think they will just order 16J uk spec. guns straight from HW.
    Quite correct, Hull do not strip and rebuild the guns as a matter of course.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.