Thread: Swiss Arms P1911 with Gamo LEAD BBs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Swiss Arms P1911 with Gamo LEAD BBs

Hello
    Has anyone tried this, and does it work ? I was told that the GAMO lead BB's are EXACTLY .177 (4.5mm) and steel BB's are actually 4.4mm so there's a chance of jams.

I general I don't like BB's as they bounce all over the place often in a dangerous and unpredictable manner.
    It just seemed like a BB which would deform on impact was the obvious solution.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I think most of the semi autos use a magnet to hold the bb before firing.

The Gamo lead bbs are too large for most automatics to cycle properly. The H&N copper coated lead work well.

There is a magnet on some guns but not on the KWC 1911 models.

If you find BB's are bouncing about you need a different backstop, old carpet, cardboard boxes full of rags, wet MDF that has swollen or if you are using a metal pellet trap, stuff loose wrags into it.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

+1 on the H&N copper coated lead BB's. They are the correct size, same as steel ones.
    BSA Meteor Mk5 .177 | Webley Tracker .22 | Umarex Beretta 92FS .177 | Crosman 2260 .22 | Crosman 1077 .177 | Colt SAA | SMK CP1 .25 | Hatsan Model 125 Sniper .25 | Benjamin Trail NP .22 | Crosman 2250 XL .22 | BSA Super Meteor Mk 3 .22 | BSA Superstar Mk2 .22 |

My trap for safe shooting Swiss Arms P1911

Homemade wooden trap to take downloaded A4 card targets with two curtains which are folded over hessian backed carpet and they swing freely on wooden pins one behind the other. Pistols don't get even near the second one. Eventually they'll wear but are cheaply and easily replaced. It stops the dreaded BBS dead and silently in their tracks, but thanks for the advice. I'd post a pic but the forum doesn't seem to allow it ?

Thanks, I'll try the copper coated lead BBs. I've taken the advice of another thread and have always fired the P1911 with only 7 BBs per clip since day one and so far not a single jam. I'm looking to get additional clips to "slam" in and carry on shooting.

Anyone advise on the best price online ?

Anyone else tried the wooden grips from the guy on ? Worth it ?

I've really taken to this gun. In general I've no time for "blowback" but in this case I make an exception as its so much fun with the working slide. I love the way it "pegs back" when the clip is empty just like the real thing and the grip safety, it's so good. It deserves to be popular and is.

Through more luck than judgement I managed to get one with a minimum of slide lettering so it looks even more realistic, and paid only £96 for it so feeling I've done quite well. At 6 yards it's also surprised me with its consistency and accuracy.

I'm going to do a test to determine how many 7 shot clips I can fire from a single CO2 cartridge, but I'm guessing around 10. I'll post the results if anyone's interested.

david once you read my last post, check out my youtube channel, your find some interesting and helpful videos on the 1911, and a video about fitting real 1911 grips and that too mate.

lol your going to love my one of a kind 1911,
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by David22 View Post

In general I've no time for "blowback" but in this case I make an exception as its so much fun with the working slide.
    This is something I've never understood, why do people want replicas of a semi-auto that are not semi-auto!?!?! Generally blowbacks are all the same amount of fun, it only becomes a gimmick on the pellet shooting blowbacks where it doesn't do much. Non blowbacks are rarely anything more than a mediocre airgun with a bad trigger and a party dress on.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Polished version

Marc, that's so good ! Great work !

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The Gamo lead bbs are too large for most automatics to cycle properly. The H&N copper coated lead work well.

There is a magnet on some guns but not on the KWC 1911 models.

If you find BB's are bouncing about you need a different backstop, old carpet, cardboard boxes full of rags, wet MDF that has swollen or if you are using a metal pellet trap, stuff loose wrags into it.
    Hello david, ill just echo what blooregard said really, dont use gamo lead ball, they are a bit too large, soft and an inconsistent size for the semi-autos like the KWC 1911 etc., also the magazine spring on the 1911 magazine are very strong so your find the bottom and top gamo lead ball can get deformed, giving yet another chance for cycling problems.

If rebounds is an issue for you, use H&N copper coated lead BB's are are the correct size and will minimize rebounds..

you can get H&N copper coated lead BB's from , or solware, or a fellow member on umarexboysclub..

If your paper punching / target shooting make your own trap, build a box from wood, stick a bit of lead at the back for a backstop, if you cant get a lead sheet, use carpet or a foot mat, then put a folded t-shirt on top of that giving it a soft surface, then fill the rest of the box will pillow wadding, that will stop any rebound with any ammo, its what i use for indoor shooting..

Here are some pictures..

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF1181.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF0445.jpg

Just in case you want to see it, here is my fully mirror polished and engraved colt custom 1911, its started off as a swiss arms 1911, but you would not think so.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF0544.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF0546.jpg

Happy Shooting.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..