Thread: Slavia ZVP

Slavia ZVP

Hi all, My father-in-law passed away recently and when clearing through his stuff I came across a prestine break barrel pistol a Slavia ZVP - made in Czechoslovakia. its a rather large break barrel air pistol in .177. I'm hoping to get in chrono'd shortly. Can anyone please advise me of any information on these? its great fun to shoot. no rear site funnily enough but a dove tail section to accomodate.

Worked on a few, low power, terrible trigger pull. Should have a back sight with adjustable elevation screw.Go for up to £40.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Maybe I was lucky, but the one I had in the 1960s I thought was the cat's whiskers. It shot where it looked and would bury a pellet to the tail in 2x4. Nicely finished, too. I thought it more powerful and accurate than the Webley Senior .22 I had.

Pity about the rearsight on yours.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Pity about the rearsight on yours.[/QUOTE]

Easy fix with metric screw.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Pity about the rearsight on yours.

Baz[/QUOTE]

Not if the whole sight is missing. Unless you know of another that'd fit?
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post

Baz
    Not if the whole sight is missing. Unless you know of another that'd fit?[/QUOTE]

Did not read it properly, thought the elevation screw was missing. I make the whole sight by filing out a dovetail from steel and welding a tang on with sight groove.

Baz