Thread: BSA Meteor Status.

BSA Meteor Status.

Which if any of the Meteors produced since 1959 could be regarded as collectable?.

All of them.
    Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    All of them.
    Mel.
    And theres silly me just cut the barrel of one down to 13 inches as it was totally blocked with lead, steel and plastic. Going to make a little custom garden gun from it. Just finished 5 others which I managed to restore without changing too much although I did change a Cadet to a Major with odds and ends I had in my stock of bits.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Looks like someones attempt to make a de-act.

Getting back to the OP's question, the earlier Mk's are well regarded when in good order but once collectors get started they need one of every model (well that's the way it worked for me).
    Having said that there are still plenty of dog eared ones out there just waiting to be 'customised'.
    Mel.
    Last edited by mel h; 10-02-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Almost any airgun that is no longer available is collected and collectable.

But then, quite a few of the available ones are too.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    Almost any airgun that is no longer available is collected and collectable.

But then, quite a few of the available ones are too.
    I have had a lot of Cadet Majors pass through my hands this year but not so many of the Cadet variant,

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    All of them.
    Mel.
    Always remember that one day the brand spanking airgun you bought yesterday will be an antique.

Experts will look at it and marvel that ordinary people were allowed to have them without any licence "You could simply walk into a shop, buy one, and walk out with it under your arm!"
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Always remember that one day the brand spanking airgun you bought yesterday will be an antique.

Experts will look at it and marvel that ordinary people were allowed to have them without any licence "You could simply walk into a shop, buy one, and walk out with it under your arm!"
    True...

As an aside I grew up in Crowthorne, nice place Used to shoot on a couple of small farms on the edge of wokingham.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

From a Meteor convert...

All of them.
    Mel.
    With Mel here - can recall shooting with my mate's early Mk1 & 2 Meteors back in in the '70's. But influenced by my older bro', I got into Webley's. Last year I bought an early '70's Meteor & a 2013 (Mk5?) example.
    The latter is accurate @ my usual 20' range, & handles very nicely.For that range, I prefer it to either (177 or 22) of my HW35's.

Bru

Oh, I have no doubt I will add a couple more - they are cheap, early ones are easy to work on.
    Last edited by laverdabru; 12-02-2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Extra thoughts
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    True...

As an aside I grew up in Crowthorne, nice place Used to shoot on a couple of small farms on the edge of wokingham.

I am growing old in Crowthorne. Nice place it is. Whereabouts exactly?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Thanks for the input fellas,at one point I thought I was alone in suffering from Meteoritis.

The illogical compulsion to continue buying and using this little gun .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I am growing old in Crowthorne. Nice place it is. Whereabouts exactly?
    Brookers Row, the forestry houses, off Old Wokingham road. That triangle in the middle was solid woodland in my day, and was my personal playground for many enjoyable years
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I really like the Meteor, but I only have one at the moment, a MkII. I regard the modern Meteor as a pretender. Other than the barrel, it's just a re-badged Gamo. As far as I'm concerned only a pure BSA made and designed gun can be regarded as a "proper" Meteor.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.