Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brum Bisley and Melbourne

Brum Bisley and Melbourne

Roll on, lets get this crappy time of year behind us and start looking forward to our SAD events Brum starts in just over a week, then Bisley in March, followed (hopefully) by Melbourne in April. Let's also not forget the Boingers

Maybe that's why I love 'spring'

In darkest Surrey something stirs......

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    In darkest Surrey something stirs......

Ah, my old coastal friend... I was begining to think that I was the only nostalgic, sad gay in the village.

Less of the nostalgic please.

Thumbs up

We're getting there!!

Buds are swelling on my deciduous Bonsai trees, a couple are actually in leaf!! Spring is my fave season although it seems to be early this year (Had no winter to speak of!!)

Just wish I could shake off this chest infection and cough- It's driving me up the wall!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    We're getting there!!

Buds are swelling on my deciduous Bonsai trees, a couple are actually in leaf!! Spring is my fave season although it seems to be early this year (Had no winter to speak of!!)

Just wish I could shake off this chest infection and cough- It's driving me up the wall!!

John
    Hi John,

Try half a teaspoon of Manuka honey and 1/4 teaspoon of Tumeric powder in hot water 3 times a day. It tastes foul but it does work on persistent coughs. I swear by it as well as at it when I dose myself up with it!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    It would be handy if Melbourne coincided with the Boinger bash, don't think I could get to that neck of the woods twice in one month and get away with it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    We're getting there!!

John
    I had that.
    Lasted from early November till mid January.
    I'm going to have Flu and Pneumonia jabs and anything else I can next Winter!

Let's hope this is not the last year at the Bisley Pavilion

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Let's hope this is not the last year at the Bisley Pavilion
    I know mate. At least we should be OK for the fair in March but not sure about later in the year.

JM
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I know mate. At least we should be OK for the fair in March but not sure about later in the year.

JM

Maybe in another building or marquee or both, if the Pavilion closes, we need to keep these fairs going for the next generation...

Maybe in another building or marquee or both, if the Pavilion closes, we need to keep these fairs going for the next generation...
    Pete when you say next generation how many collectors are there in the next generation? I am 38 and do not know of another collector in there 30's they are all early 50's is this the last collecting generation?

Wonder what the average age is in the collectors corner for what you would call serious collectors?

Worth a ponder......

Hi Peter,

I think the issue may be with NRA management rather than the Pavilion. There have been lots of changes of late, the Pavilion's lease being just one. Let's hope the NRA see fit to continue holding arms fairs on the hallowed turf of Bisley.

As to collecting, I was one of a small band of collectors who 'found each other' through a club when we were in our early 20s. We all thought we were the youngest collectors around back then, so I'd like to think there will be a next generation. It is also encouraging to see shooters younger than myself shooting old airguns at Bisley as well as collecting them.

John

It may be that Collectors are older because thats when you have the time?
    I only had my BSA Scorpion from 1973 to 2002.
    Then I walked into my local gunshop!

Sad times, I had my first air rifle (Diana with screw in barrel) when I was 9 or 10, can't remember what I swapped for it now, but although it was weak and time consuming to load, it was a cannon to me and would be in action the minute I got home from school

By the time I was 12, I had a Relum/Jelly break barrel, my mates had BSA cadet, Original and various pre-war BSA underlevers. None of us had gun slips, just a sling and would carry them anywhere on our shoulders and no one would bat an eyelid. I will never forget the first time I shot a .22 rimfire rifle at 25 yrds and going to our local army range and taking on a target at 100 yrds using a 303 Lee Enfield No4.

The first time I saw Bisley was as an apprentice in the 70's and the feeling can only be compared to seeing the hallowed turf of the old Wembely Stadium, lets hope Bisley doesn't go the same way.

All the above, I remember as if it were yesterday, but can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning