Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brum Bisley and Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Sad times, I had my first air rifle (Diana with screw in barrel) when I was 9 or 10, can't remember what I swapped for it now, but although it was weak and time consuming to load, it was a cannon to me and would be in action the minute I got home from school

By the time I was 12, I had a Relum/Jelly break barrel, my mates had BSA cadet, Original and various pre-war BSA underlevers. None of us had gun slips, just a sling and would carry them anywhere on our shoulders and no one would bat an eyelid. I will never forget the first time I shot a .22 rimfire rifle at 25 yrds and going to our local army range and taking on a target at 100 yrds using a 303 Lee Enfield No4.

The first time I saw Bisley was as an apprentice in the 70's and the feeling can only be compared to seeing the hallowed turf of the old Wembely Stadium, lets hope Bisley doesn't go the same way.

All the above, I remember as if it were yesterday, but can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning
    My first was a chrome plated Gat and my first shots with it using darts were an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Sadly I have no recollection of what became of that pistol. My sister claims I buried it in the back garden but I'm pretty sure I would never have done that. Probably lent to a friend and forgotten.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Pete when you say next generation how many collectors are there in the next generation? I am 38 and do not know of another collector in there 30's they are all early 50's is this the last collecting generation?

Wonder what the average age is in the collectors corner for what you would call serious collectors?

Worth a ponder......
    Here's your answer, Guy. You're not wrong...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I lied in that survey.

so in theory then all I have to do is wait a few years and snaffle up all the nice collections with little competion

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    so in theory then all I have to do is wait a few years and snaffle up all the nice collections with little competion
    Indeedy, maybe not long at all, I have had pleasure in owning the handful of rifles that I have and if I get my money back, at the end of my day.

Great