Thread: Feinwerkbau Mod 65 - Stunning Grip

Feinwerkbau Mod 65 - Stunning Grip

Maybe not to everybody's taste but I have not seen a nicer figured grip on a Mod 65 ever!

The rest of the pistol is in fantastic condition and has not seen much use in it's life, probably for fear of marking the grip.

Beautiful grips, Mark, some of the best I've seen. They are usually quite plain.

Probably the most figured grips I've ever seen pics of on a 65 are these ones:

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Nice engraving and customising.
    My mod 65 on the other hand has simply been used as a match/competition workhorse since I bought it new in 1978 and for the next 20+ years it was used continuously firing tens of thousands of pellets.
    As you have said, yours does not appear to have had much use but I have to agree with you, it is certainly a fine looking pistol!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Very nice, certainly a very nice piece of wood, and it has been very nicely finished (and polished), as standard they came dull and lightly oiled but it's only when finished like that when we see the beauty of the wood. FWB never really bothered with the quality of the Walnut, unlike Walther of the era who selected some georgous figured wood work.

I bought my 65 new in '72 and I shot it in competition all over the UK and Europe, including at Intershoot in Holland in '78 and '80, until it was replaced by Walthers, still have it, its in retirement now, but I just got it out and realised that the wood is nicer than I ever noticed when it was a competing tool!

Might have to give mine some treatment? How was this one finished, I suspect smoothed with fine wire wool, and then French polished?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 11-02-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Maybe not to everybody's taste but I have not seen a nicer figured grip on a Mod 65 ever!

The rest of the pistol is in fantastic condition and has not seen much use in it's life, probably for fear of marking the grip.
    Hello,

Certainly appeals to my taste. Whenever I'm looking for a nice example of any collectable air gun, the woodwork is always high on the tick box list.

Regards

Brian

Very nice. The ones on mine I called "tigers eye" to those who know the similar looking semi precious stone by that name.

Baz

Last edited by Benelli B76; 11-02-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Called mine "tigers eye" to those who know the similar looking semi precious stone by that name.

Baz

That's lovely too.

The rest of the pistol is certainly of such superior quality that it's only right the woodwork should be top notch too. Especially now these are collectors' items and not just tools.

I'm envious now. Anyone who wants to swap a clean used and highly-figured match grip for a brand new plain 65 match grip, please let me know.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

nikonf Guest

Fwb 65

Hi,
    What superb grips!!!

Is the pistol for sale?

Regards
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post